Hiby FC3 Portable DAC&AMP, MQA Compatible
Sep 11, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #136 of 220
I've been listening to the same music through my phone with the Hidizs S9 Pro and Soditer for hours everyday this past week and the sound has been very good, today I switched to the FC3 and the sound is genuinely awesome. Absolutely love it.
I own the Hidizs S9 non pro version and I also think that the FC3 is a better DAC except for the very specific use case of DSD 512 listening

Sep 12, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #137 of 220
For those of you that have used the FC3 on an iPhone, did you have to do anything special to get it to work? I'm using the Apple USB-C to Lightning cable connected to the FC3, and no dice getting audio to play.

Sep 12, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #138 of 220
For those of you that have used the FC3 on an iPhone, did you have to do anything special to get it to work? I'm using the Apple USB-C to Lightning cable connected to the FC3, and no dice getting audio to play.

I have used my FC3 with my iPhone X, iPhone SE and iPad Air 2 successfully and without issues. I have used the Fiio, Hiby, Lotoo and ddHiFi lightning to USB-C OTG cables and the Apple USB3 CCK with the Hiby USB-A to USB-C cable. I did not have to do anything special. Note that you must have a device attached to the FC3 headphone jack for it to work. I do not have the Apple branded cable to test. Perhaps it doesn't support OTG.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #139 of 220
I have used my FC3 with my iPhone X, iPhone SE and iPad Air 2 successfully and without issues. I have used the Fiio, Hiby, Lotoo and ddHiFi lightning to USB-C cables and the Apple USB3 CCK with the Hiby USB-A cable. I did not have to do anything special. Note that you must have a device attached to the FC3 headphone jack for it to work. I do not have the Apple branded cable to test.
Is there a big difference between the FC3 and Paw S1 when it comes to sonic performance? Was looking to upgrade if given a chance.

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #140 of 220
Is there a big difference between the FC3 and Paw S1 when it comes to sonic performance? Was looking to upgrade if given a chance.

I'm afraid I can't answer that question. I canceled my Paw S1 order after I ordered the FC3. The FC3 seemed like a better fit with my iPhone for Apple lossless and hi-res, especially for battery life and modest IEM power requirements (unbalanced).

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #141 of 220
I'm afraid I can't answer that question. I canceled my Paw S1 order after I ordered the FC3. The FC3 seemed like a better fit with my iPhone for Apple lossless and hi-res, especially for battery life and modest IEM power requirements (unbalanced).
Ah no worries, I'll be able to answer this under 24 hours though, as soon as my Paw S1 is delivered.

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #142 of 220
Ah no worries, I'll be able to answer this under 24 hours though, as soon as my Paw S1 is delivered.
Let us know what you think. The new S2 is tempting as well...

Sep 13, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #143 of 220
Let us know what you think. The new S2 is tempting as well...
For sure.
I wanted to wait for the S2 as well, but the availability of Chinese products in Indian markets is rather rare (border problems). There is only Lotoo reseller here, and there was a single piece left on his website. I had to jump on it before losing out completely. Very solid chance I might regret this next month or so if the S2 stocks arrive with the reseller, but one in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #144 of 220
I have used my FC3 with my iPhone X, iPhone SE and iPad Air 2 successfully and without issues. I have used the Fiio, Hiby, Lotoo and ddHiFi lightning to USB-C OTG cables and the Apple USB3 CCK with the Hiby USB-A to USB-C cable. I did not have to do anything special. Note that you must have a device attached to the FC3 headphone jack for it to work. I do not have the Apple branded cable to test. Perhaps it doesn't support OTG.
I reached out to HiBy and that was it - the Apple branded cable isn't supported. Thanks.

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #145 of 220
I reached out to HiBy and that was it - the Apple branded cable isn't supported. Thanks.

That's a bummer... I guess that's Apple for you...

Sep 19, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #146 of 220
Hey everyone, this is my first post to headfi after lurking for a while. Really enjoy learning about this stuff so thanks to everyone contributing to this community.

I have also been having trouble keeping my fc3 working with iPhone se. The first cable from manufacturer died very quickly, got two aftermarket replacements from Amazon that also failed quickly.

Using 18 ohm earbuds, wonder if the low impedance is demanding too much current for the cable, or maybe the device itself is malfunctioning somehow and frying the cable. Any ideas?

Been looking for cables with little luck and maybe alternative dongles for a couple days now, but I dunno this one seems to fit well and sounds really good to my ears.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 30, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #147 of 220
Hello, do you also have a glitch noise when the LED of the FC3 goes from red to green for example ? Between two songs for example. It's not a big problem, i think the FC3 goes on idle mode, it's like a trade-off. I'm using it on pc windows 10.

The sound is better than my SSL 2 interface and it drives my HD600 loud enough. I can hear bass at like 15/20 hz on tone-generator (https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/). I'm very happy with the FC3.

Also, can you somehow configure the FC3 with the Hiby Music app ? Or it is just a player ? I don't have phone :)

And there was no leather case in my box ! Anyway, it's better for heat.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #148 of 220
Hello, do you also have a glitch noise when the LED of the FC3 goes from red to green for example ? Between two songs for example. It's not a big problem, i think the FC3 goes on idle mode, it's like a trade-off. I'm using it on pc windows 10.

The sound is better than my SSL 2 interface and it drives my HD600 loud enough. I can hear bass at like 15/20 hz on tone-generator (https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/). I'm very happy with the FC3.

Also, can you somehow configure the FC3 with the Hiby Music app ? Or it is just a player ? I don't have phone :)

I have not heard that glitch noise.
Yes, the FC3 works with the Hiby app. I don't use the app because all of my music is through Amazon music.

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #149 of 220

Case should be present in all units. Might want to contact Hiby about that.

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #150 of 220
The FC3 I ordered from HiBy directly a few months ago didn't come with a leather case either, I prefer the metal feel though.

The only issue I have with the FC3 is the volume steps are a bit harsh, otherwise it still sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back