Hi
May 27, 2003 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

jonat8

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I just registered and thought I'd say Hi! I'm Jonathan and I'm from Norwich, in the UK.

I found this site from Headroom (I think!) and I think it's a great community and resource!

Unfortunately my music kit leaves a lot to be desired at the moment and I am actively looking at upgrading which is why I joined! I mainly use headphones for portable listening and for that I have a Creative DAP Jukebox and MuVo and for headphones I use the Sony MDREX71 (I think it's that!). Which in my (rather novice) opinion are pretty good for the price but not spectacular...

Anyway, just to say Hi really. This is a great community, I look forward to participating.

Jonathan.

May 27, 2003 at 1:23 PM Post #2 of 22
Hi jonat8, glad to have you aboard.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2003 at 3:05 PM Post #4 of 22
hey, that's a very nice first post!!!

Too many's first post is something along the lines of "What is the best headphone for portable?"

Have a good time at head-fi, we know you'll like it.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2003 at 6:11 PM Post #8 of 22
Welcome to head-fi, welcome to the addiction, there is no help, you can check out whenever you want, but you can NEVER leave.
sorry about your wallet.
-Mag

May 27, 2003 at 6:58 PM Post #9 of 22
Hail Torgon!!

Um, I mean, "Welcome Jonathan!"

biggrin.gif

May 28, 2003 at 12:36 AM Post #12 of 22
What up Jonathan. Welcome to Head-Fi.
smily_headphones1.gif
Don't let Torgon get you down by the way. I can't believe we're letting newbies in on the mysticism of his ways so early on their paths now. Rest assured though Jonathan, he is a malevolent but well-meaning master.

May 28, 2003 at 12:39 AM Post #13 of 22
Upgrading,?
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
he, he,

maybe I should have said, RUN , while you still can......

But, really, this is a great place to look for great advice. Just budget yourself and you'll be fine.

Welcome!

CD44hi

May 28, 2003 at 12:48 AM Post #14 of 22
once u enter head-fi, therez no turning back...
welcome!

May 28, 2003 at 6:40 AM Post #15 of 22
Welcome Jonathan, from an Anglophile/Audiophile from the state of Maine. Everyone is right on about your wallet. If you are married, you need to start finding creative ways to launder your money, and disguising purchases. I have a secret credit card account, and make "extra payments" on my truck every month. Haaaa!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back