Hi New member
Sep 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Freakygreek

Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Just thought to introduce myself. I was into audio some years back but other interests pulled at my wallet. Oddly my journey back into audio began with my first Ipod. Wanting the best sound I searched and ended up with Ety's 4RP. Those took a real beating and sadly they died. Since I take my iPod everywhere sound isolation is important so I decided that closed designed cans were what I would be looking for.
On a suggestion of a friend he pointed to AKG K702's but being open back ruled them out.Reading reviews and browsing this wonderful site I ended up with a pair of ATH M50s. Being closed and folding made them an ideal choice for me . I've had them since this past weekend and have been burning them in. I have periodically listened to them and they get better each day. Thanks to these headphones I'm eager to get back into hi-fi audio mostly likely keeping it to headphones.

Cheers

Peter

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 15
"Abandon hope, all ye who enter here."

Alternate salutation: "'Sorry, 'bout your wallet."

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #7 of 15
Welcome to Head-Fi mt friend and sorry about your wallet.
happy_face1.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Abandon hope, all ye who enter here."

Alternate salutation: "'Sorry, 'bout your wallet."

Here be dragons

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #9 of 15
Your journey has brought you to a big blue door, a voice from the sky(i guess jude fits this role) gives you two options:
A)Turn around, run far away and never return again!
B) Open the door and step through, not knowing what might happen.

In case of option B: Welcome to the community. Sorry about the wallet

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #11 of 15
As long as marginal utility gained from the new audio equipment is equal to the marginal cost of purchasing them, you need not be sorry about your wallet at all!

Also, AT represent. How are you liking em?

Sep 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #12 of 15
Hey guys thanks for warm welcome. I think it's too late for me as now I'm looking into building a hi-fi home set-up. Oh well back to eating cheese sandwiches. On a other note I went with closed cans vs iem's as I was tried of fiddling to find the best fit and the Ety's even though I loved them lacked any bass. I might decide differently when the weather gets hot again.

Cheers

Peter

Sep 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #13 of 15
Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome. I think it's too late for me as now I'm looking into building a hi-fi home set-up. Oh well back to eating cheese sandwiches. On an other note I went with closed cans vs iem's as I was tried of fiddling to find the best fit and the Ety's even though I loved them lacked any bass. I might decide differently when the weather gets hot again. As to the sound of my M50s I'm enjoying them greatly. Infact today I wore them to work and got compliments on how they sounded.

Cheers

Peter

Sep 30, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #15 of 15
I think the weather lasted into September not sure but at least the first two weeks of September were nice. I just got them this last weekend and I remember the weather turning cold. Now that I think back I remember wearing them intermittently during the burning process my head was sweating so the ear cups got all sweaty. Can't see myself wearing these on hot days besides I'd most likely would get a headphone head tan lol.

Cheers

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back