HI! I am looking for a portable music play! I have hifiman901, ak 120 and sony NW-ZX1 in my list. Give me some advises!!
Nov 23, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #17 of 20
Just received back my RWAK 120-B. Vinnie had to change both Wolfson chips, perhaps bad units.
Really I find this combo RWAK120-B + ALO Mk3-B balanced a real winner. As IEMs i use AK 3003i and Earsonic SM-64 (balanced). But I plugged also my HD800.
Very accurate when trebles are concerned (as an example the exceptional Mass for 40 and 60 voices from Alessandro Striggio, le Concert Spirituel  24bit/88.2Khz). Here the AKG 3003i are required...
Deep bass also (Soldier of Love from Sade or Bang Bang Boom Boom of Beth Hart). Here the TH900 (balanced) is the perfect can.
Comparing to the HM901 the combo is for sure bigger but the Mk3 is much powered to drive big cans like the TH900, HD800 or even the HE-6 (read Mike at Headfonia).
Since the RWAK120-B keeps the TosLk output, it is possible to feed an external DAC into a large Hifi system.
I also wonder if service quality isn't much better from Vinnie of RWA than from iRiver itself !! When you buy a device at RWA it is like having a personal relationship with the CEO/Ingeneering team. Very recommended.

Jan 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #19 of 20
On the RWAK 120-B since the volume knob is replaced by a balanced output jack, the volume is controled by the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back