Hi. How do I set up ASIO/KS with my x-fi?
Mar 14, 2007 at 4:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

denl82

Banned
Hi guys
tongue.gif

I'm interested in getting better audio quality than I do now, maybe by using ASIO or kernel streaming, but I know little about these two things. I have an x-fi, which allows me to use "bit-perfect" playback(something I also know little about), which I know will somehow deal with KS or ASIO. I listen to all my music using foobar, and play games in gaming mode. My question is, How do I set up ASIO or kernel streaming? Do I need ASIO4ALL(saw that thread there) or something else?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!=]

Mar 14, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #2 of 5
O.K, I followed the ASIO4ALL guide, installed the asio component for foobar, made "Creative Asio" my output device, and now I'm playing music. HOWEVER, I do not notice any changes in audio quality, at least nothing dramatic. Is asio working?

Thanks for your help, have a great day!

*edit* Oh yea, do I have to keep "bit-perfect" playback turned on all the time in order to use asio for foobar?
Thanks!

Mar 14, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 5
u could try checking out THIS THREAD

its for the A2ZS but might work with ur X-Fi as well...

ASIO4ALL and Creative ASIO are 2 diff things... im guessing u arent using the native ASIO drivers from ur X-Fi.

Mar 14, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #4 of 5
You do not need ASIO4All. The X-fi supports ASIO natively. I suggest you read the thread which madman linked to in his post. It provides quite a lot of information about this mainly coming from jiiteepee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back