Hi from Tokyo
Sep 21, 2013 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

joshonheadfi

New Head-Fier
Hey I was recommended to this site from a friend whom is on here, so here I am.

I've just recently got into headphones, I'm a gear junky so it's not hard for me to add a new obsession, and I started out with v-moda. Originally I had the vibrato and they were great but then out of nowhere they just stopped working so I sent them to v-moda and they replaced the Vibrato's with a fresh pair of M-80's.

There is a problem, the M-80's hurt my left hear a lot after about two hours of use and then I can use them for shorter and shorter periods of time unless I stay away for a whole day! And being the patient guy that I am when I was waiting for my replacements I bought a second pair of m-80's thinking that I'd just sell the new ones when they arrive and everyone will be happy (me).

Now I have two pairs of M-80's for sale and I'm looking for a good pair of IE's in the $200-250 range, any recommendations?
Music: I listen to classic rock, blues, house music, hip hop, alternative rock - I would say that spend the most time listening to. Hip hop.
Sound: I like the natural sounding guitar and fantastic vocal reproduction on the M-80, but I find the bass not deep or rich, it's more punchy. When I listen to Stevie Ray Vaughan Little Wing I feel like I'm sitting right in front of him at a blues bar, but when I listen to hip hop I know that I'm missing the full rich deep bass. Ideally I'd like both and the Vibrato's where great.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Sep 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 9
Well, if you are open to new ideas, I would recoment the Sennheiser IE80. I have them for more then a year and just love them. The bass is rich and deep (you can acctualy adjust the amount of bass), midrange is great and have a very big soundstage for IEMs. And they fit your budget.

Sep 22, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #4 of 9
I suggest coming to the Fujiya Avic Tokyo headphone festival on the last weekend of October, meeting all of us and trying a crapload of headphones. How about that?

Sep 23, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 9
Well, if you are open to new ideas, I would recoment the Sennheiser IE80. I have them for more then a year and just love them. The bass is rich and deep (you can acctualy adjust the amount of bass), midrange is great and have a very big soundstage for IEMs. And they fit your budget.

I'd love to but over here, Tokyo, the IE80's are out of my price range ($200-250max)

Sep 23, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #6 of 9
I suggest coming to the Fujiya Avic Tokyo headphone festival on the last weekend of October, meeting all of us and trying a crapload of headphones. How about that?

Yeah my friend that is a member here suggested that, and I'll likely attend.

I can't promises that I won't buckle under the pressure and show up with something new...

Sep 23, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #8 of 9

I can't promises that I won't buckle under the pressure and show up with something new...

It is the other way around -- you need to show up either with no money or a few thousand dollars.... 
wink_face.gif

Sep 23, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #9 of 9

It is the other way around -- you need to show up either with no money or a few thousand dollars.... 
wink_face.gif

Then I'll go for broke :wink:

SE425's here I come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back