Hi everyone, looking for pretty cheap in ear buds.
Jan 24, 2011 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

AndyMosh

New Head-Fier
To start off guys, I'm not a really bad audiophile, but I guess this is the best place to come for advice on this stuff, I have two main factors that I want, the headphones must be around 20-30 pound (60-80 dollars around) and they MUST be durable, as a college student I'm the typical, clumsy guy, throw my headphones about all the time etc, I had the Meelec M2 earbuds but the housing just kept falling away from the bud (shoddy build quality), any advice is appreciated, thankyou.

AndyMosh

Jan 25, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #4 of 12
I've seen that thread before but that was the one that said meelec m2 were durable and they haven't turned out to be, and i mean earbuds, ones that go into the canal, I usually listen to metal or dubstep, dont really stick to one genre, bass would be nice I guess, I just want some earbuds that I wont destroy in a month or two.

Jan 25, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #5 of 12
Take a look at Ultimate Ears Metro220's

They're pretty bass orientated, are very comfy, built a lot better than the SuperFi 5's which are three times more expensive ( my 220's have lasted for two years, whereas my superFi's have died twice within a year ) and sounds pretty stellar for its price.

Jan 25, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 12
Jan 25, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #7 of 12
Thankyou for the suggestions, I've been looking at jokers thread and the V-Moda Vibe II look great, apart from the fact I don't need a microphone or anything on my cable, the sound of a kevlar reinforced cable sounds perfect for me, i'm going to open this thread up abit and say I wouldn't really mind some over the ear cans, like I say a kevlar reinforced cable would be great and if they look good (like the Vibe II) then that is also a plus, I have a bit of money to spend on these so don't really worry about price, thankyou so much for the help so far.

Also, i'm not really an audiophile, I am pretty happy with the M2 for sound quality, but i'm alot more interested in how rugged and durable the earphones/headphones are :)

Edit: also sorry about all the fuss, I don't want to seem annoying.

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #8 of 12
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ankit-Stay-True-Earphones-Skull/dp/B00383DURQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295964766&sr=1-1

settled for these, they look good, in my price range and are supposed to be good listeners too, i know most wont agree with my choice but i feel i'll like them :D

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #9 of 12
I had the same thing happen to my M2 (which I also love, by the way). I fixed them with a little JB Weld and they have never come apart again. I leave them in my truck for on the go listening and they have been stepped on, thrown in the snow, lost under the seat, etc and keep on ticking.

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #10 of 12
Not sure I've heard of them nor seen them mentioned on this site. That's not to say they won't be any good because I hope you're going to be really happy with them (I'm not an audiophile either).

If they don't work out, Head-Fi seems to an 'always-on' resource and replies can come within minutes :)

Quote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ankit-Stay-True-Earphones-Skull/dp/B00383DURQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295964766&sr=1-1

settled for these, they look good, in my price range and are supposed to be good listeners too, i know most wont agree with my choice but i feel i'll like them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back