Hi End Headphone Amp W/Multiple Outs and Digital IN
Sep 17, 2008 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

neilvg

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone know of a high end rack mountable (preferable but not necessary) headphone amp that has multiple outs w/ volume control on each out, and with AES/EBU Digital in?

Thanks!

Neil

Sep 17, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 6
Closest I can think of is AT-DHA3000, but it doesn't have multiple volume controls.

Sep 18, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 6
Wow. That is a nice product, and very close to what I was looking for... BUT, I found this:

Hear Technologies - Hear Back Personal Monitor Mixer System

This product not only allows for several different headphone/speaker setups for individuals, but also accepts lightpipe and AES/EBU etc... so that a full 8-channel mix complete with mixing capabilities can be transferred to each device for up to 8 individual mixes/headphone/speaker outs as well.

This application is for my studio, so this works perfectly. Although, it is good to know an amp like the above link you gave me exists. Thanks.

Neil

Sep 18, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #5 of 6
I'm a strict believer in separate units.

If you're looking for AES/EBU Digital in, you're not looking for an amp, you're looking for a DAC. To meet multiple outputs requirement from this DAC, you can simply use a splitter.

For multiple headphone outputs (while taking single or multiple input while maintaining separate volume controls for each headphone): essentially, this is multiple amps, some just have a few amps in one box. I think you will get much better performance and bang/buck by simply going with multiple amp units.

To that regard, grab a nice DAC with AES/EBU input, run the output through a splitter and use multiple amps. This will be a very modular system and you will get the best performance out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back