HFI 580 / k181dj / headphone amp / sound card
Oct 17, 2012 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gugman

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi All !!! I really need a help here please !

i do own ultrasone hfi 580 and akg k181dj and i use as main source my pc with x-fi titanium hd that comes with dedicated headphone amp and samsung galaxy with voodoo sound and cmoy v2.03 headphone amp

i am happy (not 100%) with a sound i get from titanium hd and am absolutely unhappy with cmoy

i also have samsung laptop that obviously sounds like a crap 
rolleyes.gif
 and there is no help from cmoy in this case as well

so my question is - will any of below listed options solve my phone/laptop issue but same time improve my main source quality as well that is my pc ??? if i am going to invest 200 usd can i hope to improve that segment as well? thats my main concern  

please note that bass is a very important thing for me and mainly i listen to electronic music and hip hop

so options i found are below

[size=1.7em] Hi-Fi Man EF2A Tube USB DAC Headphone Amp[/size]

[size=1.7em] Audioengine D1 Premium 24-Bit DAC[/size]

[size=1.7em] Audinst HUD-mx1 Hi-Fi USB Audio DAC[/size]

[size=1.7em] HRT HeadStreamer USB-powered Headphone DAC/Amplifier[/size]

[size=1.7em] Qinpu A3 Integrated Amplifier[/size]

MiniBox-ES

some of these are more or less portable as well so that would be good, but sound quality is most important for me

i am pretty sure there are some more options that i have no idea about and to be honest even from this list i have no clue which one to buy, they all cost almost same and are in below 200$ price range

so please ppl give me advises , lot of advises plz 
biggrin.gif

and thank you so much in advance !!!

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 4
Fiio E17 ($140) portable DAC and headphone amplifier, should be able to work with your laptop (DAC & Amp) and with your phone (amp. only).

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Fiio E17 ($140) portable DAC and headphone amplifier, should be able to work with your laptop (DAC & Amp) and with your phone (amp. only).

Thank you !!!

any other suggestions ppl? what about amps from the list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back