hfb - Zones - 150+ albums to hear in 2014 so far
Sep 10, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #33 of 81
Yeah, I enjoy his works. Thanks for reminding me of him, as I somehow missed his new release for this year.

I've been listening to a lot of Adam Pacione lately. Another lovely drone artist.
Though Andrew Chalk is still my all time favorite classical drone master.

@MuppetFace

Cool Ill check out those two artists. Have you listened to Pan American ever? He was in Labradford back in the day. His album Cloud Room Glass Room is an audiophile's delight. amazing brushing percussion and really articulate and subtle electronics. masterful. It's like a natural successor to post rock but in ambient electronica. 

Sep 10, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #34 of 81
Cool list and a good reminder that we r in this hobby for music. We put out an in-store performance for Lawrence English few years back when he came to Hong Kong for a short visit. Still have the wooden box set 3" cdr put out by his label Room40 hiding somewhere.

Sep 10, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #37 of 81
I can't even take MF seriously after Pure Heroine topped her 2013 list. God what a troll. 

lol

Nice to have you back after that bit of a hiatus, I'll have to check out that Swans album among others. Music has somehow taken a backseat after I decided to chase gear all year. Totally lame decision in retrospect. 

Sep 10, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #38 of 81
I can't even take MF seriously after Pure Heroine topped her 2013 list. God what a troll. 

lol

Nice to have you back after that bit of a hiatus, I'll have to check out that Swans album among others. Music has somehow taken a backseat after I decided to chase gear all year. Totally lame decision in retrospect. 

Hey Idsy long time no see. You still chasing the audiophile rainbow?

Sep 10, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #41 of 81
Hey Idsy long time no see. You still chasing the audiophile rainbow?

I think I have found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow (for now anyhow) and I'd like to actually chase some tunes for a change. PM if you wanna talk, so we don't muck up the Romster's thread

Sep 10, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #42 of 81
Without trying to sound rude, haven't you taken quite a lot of inspiration from theneedledrop? Feels like half the choices are albums that he praised in reviews. 
No problem with that per se, but I just think that credit should be given where credit is due.

Sep 10, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #43 of 81
  Without trying to sound rude, haven't you taken quite a lot of inspiration from theneedledrop? Feels like half the choices are albums that he praised in reviews.
No problem with that per se, but I just think that credit should be given where credit is due.

I dunno, man. Even if it's half culled from Needledrop, that's still a heck of a lot of work.  Not sure I would question that in public- just sayin'

I've made a public Spotify playlist out of the ones available on Spotify(most):

http://open.spotify.com/user/menbom/playlist/6zldBhjqZlABRGpIlViFS5

Speaking of a lot of work, you just saved me some serious time.  Glad I found this thread as I transition from chasing gear to chasing music.  Much appreciated!

Sep 10, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #44 of 81

That is stupid reasoning. If i were to do a list like this I've no doubt it would resemble a lot of the music review sites I visit. Those sites are there to point people in the direction of good music. It doesn't mean that Muppetface has ripped anybody off because he/she happens to like the same stuff.

Sep 10, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #45 of 81
Not what I was saying, but just a line at the bottom "I used website X,Y and Z for most of my inspiration". Chances are, if someone likes this list, they'll probably like theneedledrop aswell so it's great for everyone to be transparent with your inspiration/sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back