HF2 or HF5
Apr 30, 2009 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sonicaaaa

New Head-Fier
hi all. please don't flame me: i know one is a full headset and the other is just an earphone!

but i am an happy owner of a now dead er6i earphone and i want to replace them.
i could buy the hf5 and i'm sure i'd be happy but i also own an iPhone so i'm wondering if the HF2 can be fully considered a HF5 + microphone without any cons or if they aren't so similar and i should keep my earphone separated from my default iPhone headset.

any idea / suggestion?

+ i'd like to try Shure Olives, could you suggest me where to buy them easily in europe, cause i'm not sure i can find them in any store in italy.

thanks in advance

paolo

Apr 30, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 8
Both of them have the response accuracy of the ER4 series. They should sound similar. Definitely go for the HF2 if you're going to be using it with your iPhone. It works with the 2.5 and 3G versions.
Don't know where they sell Shure foam in europe. You might have to contact Shure directly.

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 8
Listened to both today. They are sonically the same.

I do not consider them to have same audio quality as ER-4, but they are a huge improvement over the ER-6i, and IMO a super worthwhile upgrade. (More impressions here.)

I would suggest the hf2 if you are going to use it with an iPhone or anything else that responds to the headset button (1 click to pause/play, 2 clicks to skip to next song, 3 clicks to skip backwards), because that's so darn handy even if you aren't using the mic.

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #4 of 8
There is an eBay seller in UK that sells black olives. Can't remember the name but that's where I got my last lot. I have not tried the HF5 but the HF2 is brilliant with the iPhone and with that source very close to the ER4-P imho.

May 22, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 8
Until the 31st on Amazon the HF5s are only 100$ with a code (CED3JMZB) mine just came in the mail two days ago and they are epic.

I don't know if the HF2s have a similar offer, but its 70$ cheaper for the HF5s so id get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back