HF1 Woody Mods... Stage 2
Mar 18, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #18 of 32
Garrett, Where did you get the screen from? I like that look. And does it sound any different from the HF-1 screen,or even the screen on the SR60/80?

:Modded Grado Smiley:

Mar 18, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #19 of 32
another brilliant mod by one of our (IME) top modders. you rock Garrett!! so how many kramerMods is it we've seen now?
biggrin.gif
(dude... you've got mods named after you....sweeeeet!)

Mar 19, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #23 of 32
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #25 of 32
I really think you might have overdone it with the new cup depth
confused.gif
, I like the hidden model number though.

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #26 of 32
wow I forgot about this thread... Thanks for the kind words fellas!!

Here are some finished pics.
biggrin.gif

I reverted back to the SR headband. I spent a LOT of time comparing this HF1 to the stock one, and a headphile C-pad mod at the SF meet.

Compared to the stock HF1 mine has warmer / fuller mids. Mids also have a sense of depth and reverberation as notes and sounds decay. Its an interestng sound. Those who are after accuracy will be even less impressed with this HF1. Those wanting a sense of vibrance and depth will enjoy them. It takes an already colored HF1 and adds just a little more to the sound.... its another ~5%.

Bass response is nearly identical in terms of impact. If anything, its a llittle less "one-note" sounding.

The C-pad Headphile HF1 is a completely different animal. Bass extends deeper, and has a little less thump, and treble sparkles more. Mids, vocals and guitars are much less in the head sounding. IMHO its much more AKG sounding than Grado sounding. Spectral image is... different, with a weaker center stage image. It IS an impressive headphone, but to my ears theres not enough "Grado" in them. If you have an HF1 and want to overhaul the sound, this is the way to go.

There are some pics of me wearing them in the latest SF meet thread. They got LOT of laughs at the meet. They ARE huge.

Enjoy!!... Not shure what my next project will be? I have some woody HD580 ideas thougth.

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:46 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Macromedia
Can you post a picture with the HF-1s on your head?

Ive got to get around to doing that too.

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:54 AM Post #30 of 32
Kramer, your modding skills continue to amaze me. There are a few members on this forum who just can't keep their hands off their headphones and you are one of them! Keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back