HF-1: Headfier profiteering
Apr 16, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #226 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
screw it!
ROTFL!!! he he he he he he he he he he, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I'm in tears! rolling on the ground laughing at your brillient comedic talents!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

That cat is so cute.
that reminds me....i gotta get back to my plan to corner the gold market
wink.gif
(yea, i've so given up on this thread).

wow, honestly, was that necessary? Your outburst seems quite childish. I'm vaguely offended.

Apr 16, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #227 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I'm telling you guys, jason is really the evil jpop mogul known as Tsu---

The mods were on to his true identity, so they no choice but to silence him.

It's true. If you fear anything about Jason, you need to fear his jpop collection.

Apr 16, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #228 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
It's true. If you fear anything about Jason, you need to fear his jpop collection.

I sure do hope that he at least has some Maaya Sakamoto.

When will the thread be closed then?
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #230 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexs
I just want to see the pic of 10 HF-1s. Please
frown.gif

I think Jason (jjcha) took it offline . . . maybe you can ask him to send it to you.

Apr 20, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #232 of 245
I'm joining this thread late. I just wanted to jump in and post my thoughts.

I have a pair of HF-1's. AND THEY'RE STILL UNOPENED! I'll admit it, I bought them not cuz I really care how they sound... I just like collecting Grados, and I was excited to see a new Grado headphone, so I jumped on it. And I don't regret it at all.

I'm also purchasing the Corda HeadFive. Not that I care how it sounds either, I just think it's cool to have a limited edition amp marketed specifically to help Head-Fi. So yep, I'm buying it for collectibility as well. And I DIDN'T EVEN MATCH THE SERIAL NUMBERS!

Actually, to be honest, collectibility is why I bought the JG HP2's too.. I don't even like how they sound.

Will I ever sell? Probably not. Will I ever open it? Maybe... Yeah it's a total waste huh? But then at least no one can accuse me of being a profiteer..

Although... If someone wanted to buy it from me for an obscene amount, I'd probably sell it too... If only I weren't such a hoarder... If it's a choice of headphones or food on the table, I'm going to maximize how much I can get...

Apr 20, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #233 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinchy
I'm joining this thread late. I just wanted to jump in and post my thoughts.

I have a pair of HF-1's. AND THEY'RE STILL UNOPENED! I'll admit it, I bought them not cuz I really care how they sound... I just like collecting Grados, and I was excited to see a new Grado headphone, so I jumped on it. And I don't regret it at all.

I'm also purchasing the Corda HeadFive. Not that I care how it sounds either, I just think it's cool to have a limited edition amp marketed specifically to help Head-Fi. So yep, I'm buying it for collectibility as well. And I DIDN'T EVEN MATCH THE SERIAL NUMBERS!

Actually, to be honest, collectibility is why I bought the JG HP2's too.. I don't even like how they sound.

Will I ever sell? Probably not. Will I ever open it? Maybe... Yeah it's a total waste huh? But then at least no one can accuse me of being a profiteer..

Although... If someone wanted to buy it from me for an obscene amount, I'd probably sell it too... If only I weren't such a hoarder... If it's a choice of headphones or food on the table, I'm going to maximize how much I can get...

VERY well put.

Apr 20, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #234 of 245
Quote:

I have yet to see anything that isn't for sale. It's all a matter of price.

From this thread.

Interesting... I don't know if I would ever want to part with my Melos SHA-X but I can't deny that if the price were high enough I wouldn't entertain the thought.

My only qualm with something like this is if I become wealthy in the future but can't get the unit back again. Being 1/2, and with mods 1/1...along with the history of the thing, it would suck to sell at any point in time.

Yet, with the HF-1's, certainly there are enough that if one wants one, one will get one.

Apr 20, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #235 of 245
well... i think my perspective has maybe changed since i inputed earlier in the thread. Jason's prediction he made to me on the second page of the thread actually came through! which now makes me grateful for that second sale... but it's ambivelent... since i know that many others won't/didn't get that opportunity.
as for "profiteering" that just isn't happening anymore... on the FS forum people have stopped offering high amounts for it, and some are demanding a low "reasonable" price... thus i think this thread has passed it's usefulness or peak.
Edit: I'm willing to trade my HF-1 for a Meridan GO8... is that too much to ask?.... maybe it is, how about just a VDA-2/VAC-1 or an HP1000?
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #236 of 245
Edit: Anyone wanna trade mint NIB HF-1s for tired old PS-1's?

Come on... my HF-1's have WOOD in them. Not cold, sterile, metal...

Besides, think of how much more desirable a house with hardwood floors is! No one ever says "Come on, buy this house! It has STEEL FLOORS!" My HF-1's have hardwood flooring. Plus they're lighter.
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #237 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by sub
Hi folks,

Does it not make you sick that Grado offered this for headfiers receiving only $175 ($25 to Headfi) while our co-members are profiting for more than 3 times the amount?

Grado should offer this for sale again to members only (post count 100 minimum to prevent newbs from ripping off bonafide members) to take out the "black market" price of the $200 headphone and Headfi getting its due funding from the sales.

I am truly disgusted....very shameful folks especially to Mr. Grado/Todd/Headfi.

I think that's a bit harsh. I joined head-fi about 2 weeks before i ordered my HF-1's (can't remember). From around last summer i read these forums, but was just gathering information from many threads titled 'best cheap entry level can' etc etc. I made an impulse buy and bought them 2 weeks after i joined because my 'interest free student overdraft' was doing nothing, plus there were only 4 left, so i thought what the heck, you only live once and i could get an amazing set of cans.

Someone with 200,000 posts is just as likely to flog his HF-1's for a nice profit on ebay as someone with 2 posts. It has been discussed before, so im finishing here, but the only requirement for these was, 1 per member, and you have to be a member of head-fi.
Once the person has their HF-1's they are theirs, and can do whatever they want with them. I would still prefer them to go to an active head-fi member, but if i really need some money badly then i will flog them on ebay, but it's non of our business what people do with their own stuff.

Rant over, im off to dream about HHF-1's
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #239 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
Like these?

03-04-06_1238.jpg

Exactly those ones !!!!! (But without the HF1 button)

I have been looking at your posts with pics in carefully, and have one of the pics as my wallpaper. LOL.

What is the difference with the deep housing over the standard one, as id still like to use mine as portables and not look like an alien, and spend the money saved from no deep housing on blackmaxx and a 3 inch band?

Actually, im not sure what i want. I really want the black ebony wood, but it's a silly price, and i might prefer a 2inch headband, woody end bits, blackmaxx, and deep cups.

AHHHHHHHH Soo much choice

ad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back