HF-1 #278 stolen!
Jul 11, 2006 at 8:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

rocktboy

100+ Head-Fier
Under some unusual circumstances I have discovered that my HF-1 serial number 278 is missing from my house.
frown.gif
The only strangers I have had in my house were 2 painters I hired to do the interior painting. They were in the house for 2 days. They seems like decent guys and I have no proof that they took it. They listened to crappy portable radio while they painted so they don't 'look' like the headphone type. Further more my sa5k and hd580 which were much more expensive looking headphones were laying around and they weren't missing. I also have other much more valuable items in the house that didn't go missing.

I hope the headphone community here will help me keep an eye out on HF-1 #278 sales both here and especially on ebay. I love those headphones and I hope to get them back! No questions asked.

Jul 11, 2006 at 8:42 AM Post #3 of 28
If they really were stolen, I'd like to see some idiot try to sell them here... then of course some other idiot would probably buy them.
blink.gif

That really sucks, I'll keep an eye out for ya.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2006 at 8:52 AM Post #4 of 28
I'm really sorry to hear about that. Are you sure they weren't misplaced? The HF-1s don't exactly look or feel extravagant so I can't see why theywould take those over the SA5000s. Hope you recover them!

Jul 11, 2006 at 9:18 AM Post #8 of 28
rocktboy, sorry for your loss. Did you leave the painters alone, or were you in the home as well?

When I had a two painters in my home for a few days while they repaired sheetrock cracks and touched up certain areas of my home I was with them the entire time. I do not allow contractors or other unknown people to have free access to my home.

Jul 11, 2006 at 10:35 AM Post #9 of 28
judging from your situation im 90% sure its still in your house,

painters do not steal headphones, they can have so many other stuff in your house why your HF1?

it just doesnt make sense.

Jul 11, 2006 at 11:44 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosh
painters do not steal headphones, they can have so many other stuff in your house why your HF1?

Probably because they look the cheapest and maybe he 'won't miss them' too much.

Jul 11, 2006 at 3:00 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
Probably because they look the cheapest and maybe he 'won't miss them' too much.

I second that. I would search until pretty damn sure they were gone then pay the painters a visit. Then report to the police (nothing will happend of course, but if their names come up again the ball may start to roll).

Jul 11, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #12 of 28
A find it very strange/unlikely that those painters would have stolen the cheapest looking headphones and nothing else. I mean, we once had a painter or plumber, I forget, doing some work on the house for about a week and after that we found that the crates of beer in the shed where he stored his gear were now filled with empty beer bottles and the caps of the bottles were neatly put back on them. In retrospect, he did go into the shed a lot. now that makes sence but the cheapest looking headphones and nothing else?

I would have a good look around and see if they weren't misplaced. I really hope they aren't stolen. And if they are I hope you get them back.

I'll remember #278 and keep my eyes open just in case.

Jul 11, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosh
judging from your situation im 90% sure its still in your house,

it just doesnt make sense.

Perhaps they were evil Head-Fi fairies disguised as painters, that come and steal peoples limited edition head-fi gears!!!
blink.gif

Seriously speaking though, I hope you do eventually find them or get them back. HF-1's are limited edtion phones, and most people that have them don't sell them (except for the select few), so they'd be pretty easy to spot in places like eBay, Audiogon, and here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back