HF-1 #278 stolen!
Jul 11, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #16 of 28
Hope you find them if they were possibly misplaced. Not that I think any of use would actually do that to HF-1s. I will keep a look out for them as well. Sorry about your loss too.

Jul 13, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #17 of 28
You guys notice that the other headphones are rather hard to drive on a portable compared to the HF-1, right...? Trying to drive a SA5k from a portable radio would make me laugh hard.

Jul 13, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #18 of 28
You know the painters may very well be members of head-fi. They may know all about Grados and couldn't get a HF-1 so they decided to steal it.

Jul 13, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #19 of 28
And it could also be possible that a friend came over and said "Hey, he has a pair of headphones of mine. Can ya let me in to go get em? I won't be a second." Now if you ask the painters of course they'll say no, realizing that something has been stolen and they're idiots.

We were having some stuff done to the house, new flooring being put in, and I came home and found a little black dachshund sitting on the couch....

The wrong little black dachshund. Not our dog. Luckily the doxy that was ours isn't the sort to stray from home, and also luckily the wrong little doxy was no stranger. Otherwise, that could have gone very badly. Our dog was just waiting on the porch patiently, until he noticed I was home and started barking.

The explanation was "Well she seemed to act like she should go in!"
smily_headphones1.gif

If a dog can trick them, a person can.
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
I mean, we once had a painter or plumber, I forget, doing some work on the house for about a week and after that we found that the crates of beer in the shed where he stored his gear were now filled with empty beer bottles and the caps of the bottles were neatly put back on them. In retrospect, he did go into the shed a lot.

Painters in the Netherlands are awesome!
lambda.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #21 of 28
hope you get them back
frown.gif

No head-fi er should be without his Grado woods.
I'll keep an eye out on ebay
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #22 of 28
yah dude, sorry to hear this! We shall all combine forces to create...Captain Head-Fi! With the power of good sound and nikongod's AKG240 pic, we shall overcome and conquer the dastardly forces that have illegally obtained your HF-1!

blink.gif
Wow, what did I just say?

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #23 of 28
At least the bastards have good taste.
eggosmile.gif

Sorry to hear about this. I would have been quite upset.

Jul 13, 2006 at 10:28 AM Post #25 of 28
Yeah my vote pawnshops.
Sorry for your loss
frown.gif

Hope you will find them.

BTW My neighbour lost custom made amp - 1000 $ worth - retro look only to find this baby at local pawnshop for about 25 $

Jul 13, 2006 at 10:50 AM Post #27 of 28
I saw some dude wearing those cans on America's Most Wanted.
He had a 2" sash brush in his right rear pocket as well.

Jul 14, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by device manager
rocktboy, sorry for your loss. Did you leave the painters alone, or were you in the home as well?

When I had a two painters in my home for a few days while they repaired sheetrock cracks and touched up certain areas of my home I was with them the entire time. I do not allow contractors or other unknown people to have free access to my home.

Just curious: Where is the value in hiring someone to do scutwork for you, and then wasting a few days staring at them while they're doing it?
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back