Hey Vinyl spinners what cart are you using right now?
Dec 4, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #31 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lyra Titan i

drool... I'll work my up there someday. Currently, that cartridge alone is worth more than all of my rigs combined
frown.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #32 of 110
Many people have slammed high priced carts, but in my experience over the last 10 years in audio, besides transducers which offer a different sound, nothing seems to scale well with cost like a great front-end, particularly with vinyl. To me, the better the gear the pricier it is, very few real solid giant KILLERS. Many like to emphasize the GIANT, but I think the KILLING is overlooked in the hyperbole. With carts, the best ones I've heard have always been pricier than the ones underneath them. I really like the Koetsu house sound and the Grado house sound and wonder what the top of the line Koetsu would sound like. It will set me back a car or two
smily_headphones1.gif
But I figure in a decade I'll be in a position to experiment. Can't wait!

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #33 of 110
Was using the AT OC-9 MLII with my lighter arm, have moved to a heavier arm and am using the Denon DL-110 until I can order The DL-103, will be using with my cinemags.

Phill

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #35 of 110
Steve --

Are you using a step up? Can you compare the Zu 103 to a stock unit?

I can tell from my interest that this is next on the subliminal upgrade ladder
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #37 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, 3 of the 4 Ortofon 2m models are here represented. Anyone out there spinning the Ortofon black?

Yep. I run the Ortofon 2m Black into a Graham slee Reflex preamp. Amazing.

Dec 10, 2008 at 8:38 AM Post #38 of 110
Sadly, an Ortofon OMB 10. Seeing as the body isn't Super OM, I'm looking at replacing shortly with a 2M Blue or Bronze. Anybody got a comparison for me?

Dec 10, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #39 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by spyderx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep. I run the Ortofon 2m Black into a Graham slee Reflex preamp. Amazing.

Have you used any of the lower models and able to make a comparison?

Im jumping straight to black when i can. Then i might consider going MC, but that's a totally different game.

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #41 of 110
Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum
Sweet indeed.

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #42 of 110
Goldring 1012GX. Came with my Music Hall MMF-5.1

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #43 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you used any of the lower models and able to make a comparison?

Im jumping straight to black when i can. Then i might consider going MC, but that's a totally different game.

No, I'm fairly new to Vinyl, and used a Rega cart before this. Lots of good feedback on the new 2M series at AudioAsylum. Give that a read/search.

Dec 11, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #44 of 110
I haven't spun anything in the line except the blue, but it is sweet. Great detail retrieval, and a very far-reaching bass extension. Being a digital child, I would like more bass impact, but I'm consistently amazed at the sounds this little cart pulls out of grooves.

Dec 11, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #45 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Denon DL-160

I'm using this also and really liking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back