Hey Vinyl spinners what cart are you using right now?
Dec 21, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #61 of 110
Very cheap. Very, very cheap. I can't even remember the name. Still, it's about the music, not the equipment, right? Besides- all the vintage records I inherited weren't well taken care of so It's not advantageous to me to spend tons on my vinyl setup. My digital setup otoh...

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #62 of 110
Different strokes for different folks. We all perceive value a little differently and have different priorities. And...there is no getting around the fact that we all have to make this fit with in the limits of whatever disposable income we have available. Some have more than others.

I can say that I have invested about as much as I am comfortable with in my vinyl rig. I bought mostly used to keep the value proposition as high as possible.

My cry uncle point for a cartridge is about $1,500. Wondering what $5,000 would get me is really a futile exercise because it just isn't going to happen unless my financial situation were to improve by an order of magnitude.

That said, I have no regrets with my current setup. The Benz Micro Wood M2 that I just upgraded to sounds splendid and I am completely satisfied with its performance. It's a great match with my SME tonearm and SOTA Star Sapphire turntable.

--Jerome

Dec 21, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #64 of 110
Everything looks dusty under the light of a flash. Here is mine and believe it or not I cleaned my turntable, tonearm, and cartridge before taking this picture.

benzwoodM2.jpg

--Jerome

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #74 of 110
Very nice AR.

Here's my vintage 1986 SOTA Star Sapphire Series II finished in African Rosewood, fitted with a SME 3009. The finish actually looks better in person -
my lack of photographic skill can't do it justice.

SotaSapphire.jpg

--Jerome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back