Hey Tyll and Todd, what about the CDP?
Oct 3, 2001 at 4:17 AM Post #16 of 29
As onix said,don't change the avatar dude.I like it
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2001 at 5:13 AM Post #17 of 29
Yeah keep it! Its cool!

I think kaiwei has one of the best ones though...I'm a sucker for 'Get Fuzzy'. Probably one of my favourite comics to read other than Fox Trot and Far Side. Oh and Calvin and Hobbes! Hehe, off topic, i know.
tongue.gif

Oct 3, 2001 at 5:15 AM Post #18 of 29
Onix said:

Quote:

one of those Denon portables

Denon makes a pcdp? I've been looking online and can't seem to find it. They have 3 or 4 minidisk players, is that what you were referring to?

Oct 3, 2001 at 8:56 PM Post #20 of 29
Hehe, thanks guys. Anyhow, I decided to change it anyway, to suit everyone who is confused, but keep it the same for those who dig it. "What is this crazy cow talking about?", you ask.

It is now a cow wearing a gopher costume
biggrin.gif
See? He's mooing. Gophers can't moo.

Oct 4, 2001 at 1:45 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by gorgon_123
Denon makes a pcdp? I've been looking online and can't seem to find it. They have 3 or 4 minidisk players, is that what you were referring to?

Well Gorgon, they made it like six or seven years ago and it's like a really good sounding thing according to those who own it. It sometimes shows upon e-bay for more than a hundred bucks.

And as for Moo, I guess the question now is why is the cod dressed as a gopher (or a gerbil). AND WE JUST MIGTH NEVER NOW
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Oct 4, 2001 at 1:00 PM Post #23 of 29
heh I love Get Fuzzy too. I got a cat, kitten actually & i'm quite worried how it will turn out when it grows up. Will it be like Bucky???!!!!

Just to make this headphone related, my cat seems to like the Etys though. Always sniffing around.

Oct 4, 2001 at 7:04 PM Post #24 of 29
Well, Tyll just made it official in this thread: No audiophile pcdp in the forseeable future.

And not to say "I told you so!", but... I told you so!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 7, 2001 at 3:52 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
I guess I'll check the Marantz professional PCDP. It has digital and analog out, 10 seconds anti-skip (although I don't know if it can be played on any position), plays CD-RW and has a bunch of stuff I don't really need, but probably can find an use for it.

Onix, do you have more information about the Marantz unit, such as model number and whether it is still in production? The only Marantz portable I found online is the Marantz-Superscope PSD for the performing arts.

psd230.jpg

It is not intended to be audiophile but for music and dance practice and performance. It has very impressive technology -- digital circuits for adjusting playback tempo and pitch (independently!), and even a feature to remove vocals from the recording. All in a portable, battery operable unit!

Oct 8, 2001 at 9:41 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by rkw
Onix, do you have more information about the Marantz unit, such as model number and whether it is still in production? The only Marantz portable I found online is the Marantz-Superscope PSD for the performing arts.

psd230.jpg

It is not intended to be audiophile but for music and dance practice and performance. It has very impressive technology -- digital circuits for adjusting playback tempo and pitch (independently!), and even a feature to remove vocals from the recording. All in a portable, battery operable unit!

That's the one I am talking about. Maybe I a just thinking something like "bigger is better", but I have a hunch that it sounds better than the flagship Sony, on sale at around the same price. I have been looking for a dealer in order to check it, but haven't had any luck so far. As for info an reviews, you are pretty much stuck with what their own site has to offer, there's nothing else about it on the net
frown.gif

Oct 9, 2001 at 9:27 PM Post #28 of 29
Are Tyll and Todd subscribed to this forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back