Hey the Owner(s) of iPod 5G/5.5G and EX1000
May 14, 2012 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lostid

New name: DMinor
If anyone has a rockboxed ipod 5G/5.5G and EX1000, I would like to hear from your experience about this comb. This is my setup:

1. Direct audio output from the phone jack (no AMP)
2. The bass is cranked up by 8 dB's and everything else is turned off in rockbox.
3. FLAC feed
4. Under no influence of drugs or alcohol

I am simply amazed by the balance, clarity, sound staging, dynamic range and the 3D imaging. If I am allowed to use the word "perfect", that would be my choice of the word to describe the sounding from this comb.
wink_face.gif

May 16, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 4
Come on guys (gals), I can't be the only owner of this comb.

May 18, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #3 of 4
Well,

I don't have the ear-phones, but only last week i pulled my retired Ipod 5.5g out of the draw and updated the rockbox to the latest version.

Listening with my IE7's (no amp) i am really appreciating again just how good a little DAP it is.

Its a nice change from my Current DAP (My Sensation XE phone) and i'm not rushing to use the XE for a while as i'm using the phone quite heavily for work purposes and DAP usage murders the battery.

Maybe its placebo, but the latest rockbox update made a big difference, and as i have always said, the 5.5g is nicely neutral.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Well,

I don't have the ear-phones, but only last week i pulled my retired Ipod 5.5g out of the draw and updated the rockbox to the latest version.

Listening with my IE7's (no amp) i am really appreciating again just how good a little DAP it is.

Its a nice change from my Current DAP (My Sensation XE phone) and i'm not rushing to use the XE for a while as i'm using the phone quite heavily for work purposes and DAP usage murders the battery.

Maybe its placebo, but the latest rockbox update made a big difference, and as i have always said, the 5.5g is nicely neutral.
biggrin.gif

Yes that's how I hear  - the 5g is neutral (which I like). The 3D imaging is a big improvement in comparison to my iphone 4s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back