Hey Guys! Look at this cool new Sonic the Hedgehog Movie
Oct 16, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #16 of 33
maybe you should have heeded the warnings that the only posts here that aren't yours ranged from "Not interested" to "Stop talking". This probably isn't the right audience for your message.

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #18 of 33
...Sonic referring to sound.

*Facepalm*

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #19 of 33
I'll say that I'm a big fan of classic Sonic, but that trailer didn't really grab me and to be honest I don't really have high hopes for it.

That SA1 parody thing was kind of funny though

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks_own /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Sonic referring to sound.

*Facepalm*

Sonic actually is an audiophile:

lol

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #21 of 33
Please forgive my ignorance-Is it a personal film?
Don't you need copyright clearance to use an established character?

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll say that I'm a big fan of classic Sonic, but that trailer didn't really grab me and to be honest I don't really have high hopes for it.

That SA1 parody thing was kind of funny though

Yeah, the trailer was really a footage "sampler" and not anything actually from the movie, per se. I listened to the sample voice recordings, and those rock: deviantART: sonmanic's Journal: Sonic Fan Film: Voice Samples

It's really hard to get anything decent when there's only one animator. That's why the director has been calling for animators. Now, he's thinking of re-pitching the movie.

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #23 of 33
Sega actually has no problem with personal films--they help sponsor Summer of Sonic, and there's probably a least 30 different cartoon shorts and games created by fans. Free advertising doesn't bother them--they just don't anyone selling anything with Sonic on it.

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #24 of 33
This is truly fascinating to me: a whole following around something I am aware of, but surely have not given more than 8 seconds of thought to in my entire life.

It's like finding out that there is a whole group of people who gather together to discuss rare bookbinding techniques, or people who make fan art for whomever plays 3rd string quarterback for the Browns, or something.

What a world, eh?

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonichedgehog360 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sonic actually is an audiophile:

lol

1. He missed his ears, and

2. He'd probably wear skullcandy, since they match his attitude, or something.

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #27 of 33
"Reading some of the comments made here about the animation and I guess I should clear the air here regarding what medium was used in creating the short. This animated trailer was not done in Flash, ToonBoom, or any other vector based animation software, for that matter. The entire production was 100% traditionally hand drawn. However I did draw directly into my animation software using a wacom, No paper was used, and inking was done without the use of any vector tools."

-adny, lead animator for the Sonic Fan Film

Yeah, my mistake if I said ToonBoom--that, I believe, may have been the initial app to use as stated by the director, but not now.

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #30 of 33
just a question... people got aggravated when i talked about the film, which is the title of the topic, and the reason it's under the thread section general

i was basically told to talk about what this site is all about, so that's what i did--talk about headphones--even though this is the general section

Users who are viewing this thread

Back