Hey Dusty, got some CDs
Jan 7, 2002 at 7:02 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by DustyChalk
I gave my copy away. Now, don't get me wrong, it doesn't suck that bad, but I just couldn't listen to those several annoying songs...

I haven't been able to get into it, really depressing as i waited for this one to come out...i stil got a bunch of boots from Garbage though, hey Dusty, if your interested drop me a pm.

George

Jan 7, 2002 at 7:24 PM Post #17 of 28
Not sure if this lot would be to your taste or not, they are a dutch band called After Forever. Similar in style to Nightwish but a bit heavier and more grunting.

Click below to read more about them, only heard a couple of mp3's but they don't sound too bad.

www.musicaldiscoveries.com/reviews/aftfor.htm

Jan 7, 2002 at 9:33 PM Post #18 of 28
I am a huge Danzig fan, here's my CD collection (not including videos, etc.)

Danzig
Danzig – II Lucifuge
Danzig – Killer Wolf (Promo)
Danzig – Lucifer Live (bootleg)
Danzig – III How the Gods Kill
Danzig – Dirty Black Summer
Danzig – Thrall – Demonsweatlive
Danzig – 4P
Danzig – Until you call on the Dark (Promo)
Danzig – 5 Blackacidevil
Danzig – 5 Blackacidevil re-release w/ extra tracks
Danzig – Sacrifice
Danzig – Sacrifice re-release w/ extra tracks
Danzig – Selections from the forthcoming album Satan’s Child (Promo)
Danzig – Satan’s Child limited edition
Danzig – Unspeakable (Promo) two copies
Danzig – Live on the left hand Side
Glanzig – I Danzifuge
Glenn Danzig – Black Aria (Plan 9 version)
Less Than Zero – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
X-Files – Songs in the key of X
Samhain – Box Set
Misfits – Static Age
Misfits – Walk Among Us
Misfits – Evilive
Misfits – Earth A.D.
Misfits – Walk Among You : Live in New York City (bootleg)
Misfits – Legacy of Brutality
Misfits – Collection 1
Misfits – Collection 2

Jan 7, 2002 at 11:06 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

I am a huge Danzig fan, here's my CD collection (not including videos, etc.)

What is the best Danzig group CD? I will get a used copy, critics seem to prefer Lucifuge or Gods Kill.

How many CDs you got total now?

Update
Just purchased Danzig 1,2,3 at half.com in like new condition for $4-5 each, also got Samhain "november" for $6.......This will round out my Danzig/Misfits collection! Have all Misfits except
"evil live" (no live rock CDs for me) and Earth AD (final CD) wich is too fast/thrashy and doesn't work for me.

Jan 8, 2002 at 8:53 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

-Garbage "beautiful garbage" finally had good price for used version.

Why on earth would you pay for Garbage? They're little more than a watered down version of Curve. Doppleganger is the last word on trance rock. Portishead tried to hip-hopifiy it (like everyone tries to do with everything) and failed in their own self indulgence. *ignores the chorus of boos and 'how dare he!'s*

I gotta give a conditional thumbs up to Danzig. Though I'm not a big fan of his recordings, I saw his show in New Orleans with Type O and Godflesh opening. I was really impressed with how personable he was with the audience. I expected some Peter Murphy styled aloof goth god, instead he was quite enthusiastic and did his best to get the crowd pumped up.

cajunchrist

Jan 8, 2002 at 12:53 PM Post #21 of 28
Cajun
Well now we have two people tell me that "beautiful garbage" was a mistake
mad.gif
The British music press really love "Shirley queen of Scotts" which is a good warning sign that best days are gone. I do like 1st two Garbage CDs, just more mainstream vs Curve.

DA & Dusty are sold on the undisputed greatness Curve, no need to sell us.......I believe I like 3 EP compilation "pubic fruit" best.

I really like the Misfits alot, and when KR mentioned the Danzig CDs I thought I should own some, heard a few tracks from Danzig frequent appearances on MTV headbanger Ball long ago (with host Ricki Rackman) before rap music completely took over.

Jan 8, 2002 at 1:04 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by cajunchrist
Why on earth would you pay for Garbage? They're little more than a watered down version of Curve.

Mmm...hard to argue with that, but...Curve is so good, to be considered a Curve clone is not necessarily a bad thing.

Jan 8, 2002 at 1:16 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Just purchased Danzig 1,2,3 at half.com in like new condition for $4-5 each, also got Samhain "november" for $6.......This will round out my Danzig/Misfits collection! Have all Misfits except "evil live" (no live rock CDs for me) and Earth AD (final CD) wich is too fast/thrashy and doesn't work for me.

Those three Danzig albums should kick your ass. You will notice that he likes to change his style with each album, the rest are worth getting as well.

Samhain "november" is their best, IMHO. You will be willing to kill for the rest once you hear that one.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I thought that Earth AD was great, but I like trash, I grew up on it as it was the only extreme metal back in the 80's, I was also listening to more epic stuff like Iron Maiden, and more doom stuff like Black Sabbath (w/Ozzy only). Explains a lot huh?

Have fun and post your thought on them once you get them.

Jan 8, 2002 at 1:31 PM Post #24 of 28
KR
About the graphics on Danzig 1,2,3
-1 this is pretty lame stuff, almost did not buy because of crap cover.
-2 now this is better, crucifix clenched in both hands, is evil about to appear?
-3 Geiger artwork yessssss! with cool album name to boot "how gods kill" this is one cool total package!

Jan 12, 2002 at 2:18 PM Post #26 of 28
Dusty
You were right about TOT "musique" it may be better than "aegis"
although it strips away the gothic overtones
mad.gif
and now has a sound that combines Collide/Garbage/Kraftwerk together, very cool stuff not quite ready to say its better than 'aegis" though.
-Did you see Shirley from garbage new look now? short platinum blonde hair......going ultra chic on us now.

Got Paradise Lost "icon" CD to complete my trilogy, however it was not worth paying import price for even though it is very good,
can't be found used anywhere unfortunately. Sounds very similar to previous "shades of god" CD. I was hoping it would be more similar to "draconium dream" and split the difference stylistically.
Definitely a keeper but I paid too much for this and had higher expectations.

My Johhny Thunders "LAMF lost mixes" was cancelled because store sold out before my order came in
mad.gif
anyone want to sell used copy?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 12, 2002 at 5:52 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
-Did you see Shirley from garbage new look now? short platinum blonde hair......

Yes, OMG! Yet another thing to turn me off from them (I prefer redheads -- nothing against natural blondes), though I do appreciate her thumbed-nose attitude about the whole thing.

I have (had?) a friend who looked exactly like her. She went brunette.

Jan 14, 2002 at 2:47 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel

What is the best Danzig group CD? I will get a used copy, critics seem to prefer Lucifuge or Gods Kill.

I like Lucifuge best. And you're right about his voice, it's almost as cool as Elvis's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back