Hey Dusty, got some CDs
Jan 5, 2002 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

DarkAngel

DarkAngel's a man, baby!
I finally got a good used copy of Curve "gift" Cd and you are right this is great stuff, now have complete Curve discography. The CD that collects the first 3 EPs together "pubic fruit" is also killer stuff,
excuse me while I bliss out........

I have to pass on Halou however, a bit too spacey/jazzy for my tastes. I much prefer the more industrial/trip hop sounds of Collide "beneath the skin" There are tons of groups now consisting of female singer laying vocals over program tracks,
hard too keep up with all of them.

How much longer are you going to deny yourself the dark pleasures of 1st two Tristania Cds? Resistance is futile.......

Also like a fool I ordered an import version of Paradise Lost "Icon"
CD that that costs a kings ransom, I must have this CD, watch them now release a domestic remastered version!

Jan 5, 2002 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
How much longer are you going to deny yourself the dark pleasures of 1st two Tristania Cds? Resistance is futile.......

I, for one, have those ordered DA. Can't wait!!

Jan 5, 2002 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Oh, not much longer. Actually, it's not "resistance", it's "laziness". I need to get in the habit of ordering online more, but every time I do, I screw up and get an album twice, hence all the duplicates. So I need to get organized first. But since I know I don't have those, I guess I can go ahead. I did get the Midwinter Tears/Angina rerelease -- where does that fit in? I didn't like it as much as World of Glass Quote:

Also like a fool I ordered an import version of Paradise Lost "Icon"
CD that that costs a queen's ransom, I must have this CD, watch them now release a domestic remastered version!

LOL! Yeah, that has happened to me several times recently: Human League - Secrets; Elbow - Asleep in the Back; Doves - Lost Souls...

Jan 5, 2002 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 28
Dusty try to get some drum and bass if you can. I listen to alot of heavy and complex music, and it seems to suit grados well. I'm going to get some ambient "sounds" from one of those alternative natrual shops and see how they resolve the fine detail.

Jan 5, 2002 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

I finally got a good used copy of Curve "gift" Cd and you are right this is great stuff, now have complete Curve discography. The CD that collects the first 3 EPs together "pubic fruit" is also killer stuff, excuse me while I bliss out........

Indeed, Pubic Fruit is probably one of my favorites -- "Die Like a Dog" is stupendous, "Cherry"...and, of course, "Coast is Clear". And "Faît Accompli"...

I doubt you have complete. Do you have "On The Wheel"? You need to get that, one of my favorite songs by them. It's available in a couple of different places...check out the soundtrack for ...uh...I forget...Lush was also on it...I want to say "Splendor"/"Nowhere", but if not, it's by the same guy who did them...

You also need to get the internet only Open Day at the Hate Fest. It's as strong as Gift. Quote:

I have to pass on Halou...

Too bad about that. Your loss, I totally dig 'em. That one song ("Oceanwide"? I think) is easily the best new love song I've heard in years ("How does it feel to be loved so completely?...").

Jan 5, 2002 at 11:35 PM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

I did get the Midwinter Tears/Angina rerelease -- where does that fit in? I didn't like it as much as World of Glass

Tristania CD releases in order:
-1)Widows Weeds
-2)Beyond the Veil
-Midwinter Tears/Angina EP
-3)World of Glass

The 7 song EP collects songs from two singles, Midwinter Tears is from 1st CD and Angina is from 2nd CD. The first two CDs are darker more gothic because of founding member Morten Veland
input. He left after 2nd CD, that is why 3rd CD "world of Glass" has a more mainstream sound that will alienate some fans of 1st two Cds. I like the 1st two CDs more than 3rd CD, but could not part with any of the above.

Ric
Please keep us posted as you listen to your new CDs

PJ
Yes we have some Paradise Lost fans here, when Icon arrives it will complete my trilogy:
-Shades of God
-Icon
-Draconian Dreams
Later CDs are too mainstream, CDs before these are too thrashy/extreme.

Jan 6, 2002 at 8:49 AM Post #8 of 28
"Fait Accompli"...did you ever see the videoclip for that? Toni was looking most delicious dare I say it - from memory that was my first introduction to Curve. Needless to say it was a visual attraction in the first instance, followed by a "hey...these are some pretty good tunes".
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2002 at 2:11 AM Post #10 of 28
I used to have a large picture of her hanging on my ceiling in my bedroom, so that she would be the last thing I would see before I went to sleep, and the first thing when I woke up.

I am over that now, but I still have the pic, and she is still gorgeous. Married to a god, too -- Alan Moulder.

stymie -- no, I've not seen the vid. Only vids I've seen are for "Coast is Clear" (my introduction to them) and "Missing Link" (the one with Debi swinging around on a vine like a maniacal monkey).

Jan 7, 2002 at 1:22 PM Post #11 of 28
Ordered some additional CDs this weekend:

-Johnny Thunders "LAMF" (like a mother *******) Lost 77 mixes, this is supposed to be the best sound of all available versions, had to get new CD

-Raven "rock till drop" and "wipeout" both used from half.com, more NWOBHM lesser known groups.

-Garbage "beautiful garbage" finally had good price for used version.

-Marc Bolan/T Rex "slider" remaster used, and new compilation
called "born to boogie" There is so much T Rex stuff out, he must have hundreds of recorded tracks! Not all work is great but this represents Golden Age of glam!

-Guns n Roses "use your illusion 1" used for $2.50, have 1st album and this is supposed to be next best. (McBiff will be jealous)

-Cult "the cult" and "dreamtime" both used, two lesser known Cult albums but samples sound great, I am huge Cult fan, Ian Astbury has great voice!

-Paradise Lost "icon" should arrive any day.

Jan 7, 2002 at 5:24 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
Ever listened to Danzig?

Yes, have almost all Misfits (original band not new stuff) material,
only wish they had better recording quality because this is classic horror punk! Love those song titles:
-little angel*****
-mommie can I go out and kill tonight?
-horror business
-die,die my darling
-death come ripping etc etc

-Samhain sounds very similar to Misfits stuff, don't have any of these.

-Danzig Cds shows mature style with much heavier more elaborate song structures, don't have any of these either but have heard some songs from these.

I agree no matter which band he was with, Glenn Danzig has one of the great voices of rock history!

Jan 7, 2002 at 5:59 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

-Garbage "beautiful garbage" finally had good price for used version.

I gave my copy away. Now, don't get me wrong, it doesn't suck that bad, but I just couldn't listen to those several annoying songs...

Jan 7, 2002 at 6:11 PM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by DustyChalk
I gave my copy away. Now, don't get me wrong, it doesn't suck that bad, but I just couldn't listen to those several annoying songs

OOOPPPPS!
No problem if I don't like it, I can sell quickly at half.com for same price I paid. It must be pretty bad though for you to give away, knowing how many CDs you own
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back