Heroes or 24
Feb 9, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #17 of 40
Canadian Monday line-up: PB-->Heroes-->24

Easily the strongest line-up I've seen on tv in a VERY long time, perhaps ever (for me personally).

I did the 24 thing, but I seem to be PVR'ing 24 more and more because my wife has trouble staying up until 10. But I do get to see Heroes weekly. This is my one tv night of the week!

Feb 9, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #18 of 40
Heroes all the way for me. after 2.5 seasons of 24, it began to feel like it was exploiting the country's lingering, post-9/11 paranoia in an unhealthy way.

Feb 9, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #19 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heroes all the way for me. after 2.5 seasons of 24, it began to feel like it was exploiting the country's lingering, post-9/11 paranoia in an unhealthy way.

I also feel this way. I also think that 24 is running out of ideas. I had really high hopes that this season would be a black ops mission to China to rescue Jack. It would take on a really nice new flavour, wouldn't revolve around LA and would provide a "Spy Games-like" story-line. Instead, they are just putting a new twist on the same old plots. It's getting very boring for me.

Now heroes has really been doing well, and I love the momentum. I just hope they don't drop the ball at some point. Thus far though, I'm glued during every episode.

Feb 9, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #20 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's absolutely ridiculous.

I only had to see commercials to get that feeling of 9/11 paranoia exploitation.

Besides, the last 2 minutes of this last Heroes is why I look forward to monday nights.

Feb 9, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #21 of 40
Heroes has done a great job of picking up the momentum they started in the fall. I'm still hooked.

I also enjoy Studio 60 that is on immediately afterward. Yes, Monday night is the best night of the week for TV right now.

Feb 10, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #24 of 40
Heroes. 24 has had its prime (2 seasons was enough, Jack Bauer's constantly hushed voice gets so annoying now and the plots keep getting more ridiculous). I watched all Heroes episodes so far in the past weekend, and the show kept me glued to my seat.

Feb 10, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #25 of 40
This is a really easy decision. iTunes has Heroes the next day at 9AM on their site; 24 much later on. Heroes is sometimes repeated; 24 not. I watch 24.

On a side note, I play the Heroes episode through the TV out on an iPod via a S-Video Cable to TV. It looks pretty good, surprisingly.

Feb 10, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also enjoy Studio 60 that is on immediately afterward. Yes, Monday night is the best night of the week for TV right now.

From what I hear you may be in for some disappointment. Both Studio 60 and Heroes are going off the air on March 5th and while there is no doubt that Heroes will return the same cannot be said for Studio 60. Its ratings have been down every weeks since the open and its only real strength is that more people record it on their DVR to watch later in the week (~1 million people).

Personally I'm sick of the on again, off again TV schedule of most major shows these days. For the love of Pete just keep going!

Feb 10, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #28 of 40
24! Jack Bauer could destroy every single Hero with a single thought!
evil_smiley.gif

But in all seriousness, I was never able to get into Heroes. After all the previews and the hype, I was a bit disappointed by the result. I have been an avid fan of 24 since Season 1 Episode 1 though, and it hasn't failed me (since season 2, at least. Wasn't much of a "24 season").

Feb 25, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #30 of 40
24! I must admit, I've never seen a single episode of Heros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back