Here is a free education from MIT--teach yourself everything you need to know to understand sound!
May 21, 2014 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ab initio

500+ Head-Fier
There are free course materials from MIT available online here: MIT open courseware

For those of you who aren't aware, MIT is a private school in Massachusetts that is lucky to be decent academically because they aren't known for sports.

For example: a lecture video series on system feedback: http://ocw.mit.edu/resources/res-6-010-electronic-feedback-systems-spring-2013/course-videos/

All of the resources needed to understand the fundamentals of sound reproduction are available freely at your fingertips! There is no excuse for any sort of nonsense like "but science doesn't explain everything!" or "we can hear things that can never be measured!" Well, here is a free undergraduate level education in the principles required to understand the physics of audio play back---from digital storage to the mechanics of sound.

Cheers

May 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #2 of 5
Nice find! 
dt880smile.png

May 21, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #3 of 5
you realize that I'm up to 3folders full of bookmarks for audio alone. this is getting out of control and I do need to sleep.
come save me cable worshipers!!!! with you everything is so simple.

thank you I'll have a look when it's not time to sleep :wink:

May 22, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #4 of 5
  thank you I'll have a look when it's not time to sleep :wink:

I think I accomplish 90% of my work in the wee hours of the night. Sleep is for slackers! :)

Cheers

May 23, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #5 of 5
I've watched the first 2 on feedback, he's really good at explaining concepts, but the formulas are usually way over my head (last time I actually had to do more than + - * / was almost 20years ago).
but it sure is interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back