Help
Aug 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ctepp111

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a pair in the over-ear sealed headphones in the 100-300 range.

* I have a pair of Ultrasones circa 2007 that have been through hell and back with me, and still work and sound great. I am looking for a another pair that can also take a beating, or another brand with similar sound

* I mainly will use them at the gym, so low impedance (will play off of a tablet)

* Looking for high isolation so I can listen at a softer volume to the same effect. In a noisy gym, this is very important to me,  as my ears hurt a lot at higher volumes

* Mid range and vocals are important, as I mainly watch movies (as opposed to music)

* Since I will wear them at the gym, something that can handle a bit of sweat would be nice. Not sure how the pleather of HFI headphones will stand up to that environment

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. So far, I have been looking at HFI-780, DJ1s, and vmoda m-100s.

Best,
Clinton

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 4
Beyerdynamic DT770 32-ohm headphones, they are fun, very light and comfortable with a good seal, they have velour pads which I use with my HD 558 and they have been good even after I shower with a slight humidity still there. they have better mids than the Audio Technica ATH-M50s but I think AKG K550 might have better midrange than the Beyers. I guess we could wait for better suggestions, these are my two cents, Happy Hunting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back