Help!!!
Jun 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

AN94Master

Head-Fier
I'm really c8nfused about which headphones to buy.I'm looking for headphones that don't need an amp,sound awesome straight out of an ipod and have really good sound quality.My budget is about $300 and i listen to hard rock, heavy metal, hiphop , rap and violin.I was about to buy the Beats Studio, buy my friends told me that they were just an overpriced piece of crap, so I refrained.I have been recommended the Sennheiser HD 598.What do you say??Suggestions are welcome.

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #2 of 10
The HD598's are open back and really only suitable for listening at home, in a quiet room. If that's what you want / need, then fine.

If not...

Momentum's
Denon D600
V moda. Cross Fade's

Or have a look on the head gear guides for the various reviews...:)

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 10
The V Moda M80s, or the BnW P5 headphones will work perfectly for what you are looking for, although the V Modas are cheaper, and truthfully probably offer more bang for your buck (despite I like the BnW more but I am a bit biased). 

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #7 of 10
IMO Shure Srh840 is a good option. Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro if you want more stylish and 'fun' sounding headphone. In both cases you can save some money. I don't know much about M100 except that they are built like a tank. I've read about them some time ago. I think you can find a complete review of them at innerfidelity.com Best luck!

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #8 of 10
Yep, they're compatible, sound good, well made and different to all the Beat's...win / win...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
I just checked the v moda site and by god, I'm in love with the m-100...should I go ahead and buy 'em??They're compatible with mp3 players and ipods, right??

Yea it will be totally compatible with all of that, V Moda makes a bangin product and I have never hesitated to give their headphones a try. Also for what you get for the price its something to behold. 

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #10 of 10
I just checked the v moda site and by god, I'm in love with the m-100...should I go ahead and buy 'em??They're compatible with mp3 players and ipods, right??

They are definitely a great headphone for the money, and have much better SQ than the Beats Studios. They will have some extra bass over more neutral sounding headphones. As long as you are OK with that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back