Help!
May 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

reddragon

Headphoneus Supremus
today i experienced a problem that i didnt have before. it used to work but not it doesnt. all i had to do was to connect my fiio e17 to my computer and plugged something in the headphone jack of the e17 and it automatically overrides the laptop speakers and the dual headphone jacks and plays music from the e17. but now it doesnt work anymore for some strange reason. my laptop is a 3 years old hp laptop which i guess is breaking down on me. i tried using my much newer samsung computer and the problem was gone, anyone knows whats going on? 

May 6, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 3
If you are using a Windows operating system, you can go to the sound properties and change the default playback device (i.e. from your speakers to your Fiio E17, or vice versa).

As far as I know (and in my experience), plugging in the E17 (via USB) and then plugging a pair of headphones into does not automatically cause the speakers/headphone line out to be disabled (i.e. does not automatically switch over).

May 6, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
If you are using a Windows operating system, you can go to the sound properties and change the default playback device (i.e. from your speakers to your Fiio E17, or vice versa).

As far as I know (and in my experience), plugging in the E17 (via USB) and then plugging a pair of headphones into does not automatically cause the speakers/headphone line out to be disabled (i.e. does not automatically switch over).

i already set it to default, and on the (FiiO USB DAC-E17) icon which says (SPDIF Interface) above and (Working) below already has a "check" next to it, so i think it has no reason to not work... and for my samsung laptop, once i plugged my fiio e17 in, the signal already goes to the e17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back