[HELP] X-can v2 PSU tweak
Aug 19, 2002 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

WJK

New Head-Fier
So, I bought a 12vac 1000ma mains adapter today to replace the X-can's standard PSU. To cut to the chase, it doesn't have the desired effect. The sound is being output at a much lower volume than before and with huge amounts of distortion. My X-can is the V2 model and I'm in the UK. Any advice is much appreciated.

Also, thanks to Nick Dangerous for his tube rollung guide - without it my X-can would have been on the shelf for all eternity (I'm staying away from NOS tubes). Dare I say I now prefer it to the Headmaster for rock music? Uh oh...

Aug 19, 2002 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 3
As long as the X-Can is working with the stock mains adapter, this is almost certainly a defective mains adapter. As long as output is 12 vac, and 500 ma (stock value) or over (people have reported using one that outputs over 3000 ma IIRC), sound should be fine. Make sure that the output is AC, not DC...rather critical. Otherwise, as long as the rest of your post is correct, your new mains adapter is defective.

Aug 19, 2002 at 9:37 PM Post #3 of 3
mad.gif
redface.gif
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif

I think that sums it up. I;ve looked at this adaptor about 10 times in confusion and only now do I see AC/DC written on it, plain as day. The thing is I ordered it via RS components here in the UK. It took 3 days and cost me £30 (price you pay for living on a tiny island). I was very specific about it outputting 12VAC to the sales guy, too. Ah well, I guess I should have checked it in the shop, although the box simply says AC adapter.

Thanks for the speedy reply though Hirsch.

redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back