Help with SineGen 2.1 / Does it work with Vista 64bit or Higher OS?
Jun 4, 2010 at 11:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

viola_jam

New Head-Fier
The other day I was all set to balance my headphones using the instructions provided here: http://www.head-fi.org/wiki/tutorial-on-how-to-equalize-headphones

The first link to pink noise does not work anymore, but found pink noise on a different site, and a sine wave sweep that runs from 20 - 20,000 kHz's for 1 minute.

I downloaded the SineGen 2.1 program opened it and hit the power button and received an error message. I am running 64 vista (sp2), with the output set to: USB NuForce Icon HDP (Dac).

I hit the power button and I get the following Error message:

"The specified format is not supported or cannot be translated. Use the Capabilities function to determine the supported format."

O.K. so any ideas on where the capabilities function is? I have looked everywhere. I even tried the SinGen 2.5 version and received the same error.

Am I missing a step somewhere between opening SineGen and hitting the power button? I understand why I need the pink noise file, but I was not able to find instructions regard what to do with the sine wave sweep file in the wiki could this be the issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 4
So, if you go in and delete the 24/96 mode manually under setting, that should help.   There's still some sort of modulation that makes me think a sampling issue is persisting.

Feb 24, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
So, if you go in and delete the 24/96 mode manually under setting, that should help.   There's still some sort of modulation that makes me think a sampling issue is persisting.

Didn't work for me, I have a Forte which I bypass by using the digital output of the Forte.  I use the PCM/Digital playback device in software and my receiver says PCM 96 / 24.  

I'm going to go in software and change my default to 44.1 / 16, maybe that will open a channel for the generator.

Edit:  I got her working.  For my Forte I had to go the software and change the output of the soundcard to 16 / 44.1 leave it in SPDIF out and the Sinegin 2.5 started up and went to beeping.  You software may be different than mine so YMMV.  In the last edit, I had to manually get rid of every setting in setup under the output tab or window except the one I'm using 16/44.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back