Help with: Simple mic plug repair
Apr 17, 2008 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Nudles

New Head-Fier
Lo all, my mic plug got ripped off, so I am trying to fix it. After searching I still do not know exectly what to do. I would be very grateful if someone here could advise me on what goes where. Thanks very much. (I hope this is the right section!
tongue.gif
)

Here is a pic:

P170408_2006.jpg

Apr 17, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #3 of 9
Thank you very much indeed. I was unable to test before soldering as I have fried a soundcard doing something similar before (who knew static when unplugging headphones could fry a sound card
frown.gif
) and didn't wanna take that risk with my friends laptop.
biggrin.gif

Works just perfectly, thanks FallenAngel.

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #4 of 9
Ah, so computer mics use the "left" channel? lol. I've always wondered which it was, thanks! This'll save me some wire when I mod a mic onto my SHP9000

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 9
Oh... For a second there I was confused. You have a stereo plug and a wire with one conductor and a ground drain wire, so I was wondering where the other wire went, but now I see that you're only using it as mono.

Apr 26, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh... For a second there I was confused. You have a stereo plug and a wire with one conductor and a ground drain wire, so I was wondering where the other wire went, but now I see that you're only using it as mono.

Well, it's a single microphone, hense mono
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it's a single microphone, hense mono
smily_headphones1.gif

I thought about that too, but for whatever reason I thought he might be trying to replace a missing XLR jack, which would need another conductor (and obviously wouldn't work in this case
tongue.gif
)... I haven't used a TS mic in forever.
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #8 of 9
I know this thread has been over for a while, but I thought one of you guys might get an update and be able to answer this question.

I have the same problem as the OP and I was going to fix it this way.  This won't cause the mic signal to only come through one side right? I know this is a mono setup, which is fine, cuz it's just for VoIP for gaming, but I thought since you're really only connecting to one channel on a stereo plug, won't you just get it in one ear?

Thanks if any of you can help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back