Help with second headphone for my system (emmeline xp7 + hd650 + dt770?(I want sth more bassy)
Jan 27, 2013 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rabellogp

New Head-Fier
Hello, guys.

I have the following system that I use for every kind of music:

- Asus Xonar Essence ST
- Emmeline XP-7
- Sennheiser HD650

It sounds amazing but for electronic it's a little bit boring... I think I need something with more bass impact.

So I decided to get a second headphone for that. I'm trying to find something inside my country (Brazil) because it's so difficult to import that kind of stuff over here... =/
I've found a Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohms. I can't listening to them before I buy it (I'll buy over the internet) and I've heard that the 80ohm version has more bass than the 250ohm. The problem is that there is only the 250ohms on the store. 

The amp is not a problem, I'm just worried about the bass quality and power of those headphones when compared with my actual HD650. I don't wanna waste my money with something with almost the same bass signature...

Does anyone has ever used both of those headphones and is able to tell me if there is a noticeable bass difference between them?

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 5
I wouldn't say DT770's bass is better than HD650, especially when it comes to quality. In terms of quantity and speed the DT770 are a little bit better than HD650, but that also depends on what amp you use and what kind of music you listen to. The DT770's bass is concentrated in a quite narrow range around 100Hz, which sometimes does not give a better sound overall than cans that are generally considered less bassy. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I wouldn't say DT770's bass is better than HD650, especially when it comes to quality. In terms of quantity and speed the DT770 are a little bit better than HD650, but that also depends on what amp you use and what kind of music you listen to. The DT770's bass is concentrated in a quite narrow range around 100Hz, which sometimes does not give a better sound overall than cans that are generally considered less bassy. 

Thanks for the tip.
Do you have any suggestion with the same price? How about the ATH-M50?

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Thanks for the tip.
Do you have any suggestion with the same price? How about the ATH-M50?

Well, I am not quite familiar with audio technica cans, but based on the only little impression on those ADxxx and Axxx, I'd prefer Beyerdynamics at similar price. The DT770 are actually fairly good headphones. You can probably tell some drawbacks about them only after comparing to much more expensive cans. However, if you would consider open-back cans, there are actually a lot of choices at this price. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #5 of 5
Beyer DT990 PRO is more bassy and trebly than the DT770 which means a more 'fun' sound. I use my old DT990 (similar but 600 Ohm) for electronic. 
From memory (as I havn't heard the HD650 for a while) I think the bass response is quite different and has more impact on the Beyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back