Help with Samsung HDTV
Aug 22, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been told by friends in the industry that most Samsung LCD's are delivered with "store demo mode" still enabled.

In this mode, the TV picture will revert after 20 minutes to a horrible bright setting that looks good only in a warehouse, regardless of the current settings you might have enabled after visting avsforum.

It is tricky to find the magic menu sequence to turn off "store demo", so check your manual.

Yes. When I set up a similar 720p 32" Samsung (my LN32A450), I turned off the "store demo mode" in the initial setup. I now use the least bright of the available picture mode presets (the "movie" mode).

With the components I have hooked up to that set (a rooftop antenna for over-the-air DTV reception, a progressive-scan DVD recorder, a Blu-Ray player, a Wii and an Xbox 360), the only one that's using the RF connection is the antenna. My Wii and my DVD recorder eat up both of the available component inputs (yes, both of those devices need the component connection to even display 480p while a composite video connection would have left me with only 480i) while my Blu-Ray player and Xbox 360 use two of the three available HDMI connections (with the optimized setup routines of both of those HDMI-connected devices, the BD player is outputting 1080p and then downconverted to 768p in the set while the Xbox 360 outputs 720p upconverted to 768p in the set). This now leaves me with one HDMI jack, one composite video jack, one S-Video jack and one set of stereo audio input jacks available.

Aug 23, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. When I set up a similar 720p 32" Samsung (my LN32A450), I turned off the "store demo mode" in the initial setup. I now use the least bright of the available picture mode presets (the "movie" mode).

With the components I have hooked up to that set (a rooftop antenna for over-the-air DTV reception, a progressive-scan DVD recorder, a Blu-Ray player, a Wii and an Xbox 360), the only one that's using the RF connection is the antenna. My Wii and my DVD recorder eat up both of the available component inputs (yes, both of those devices need the component connection to even display 480p while a composite video connection would have left me with only 480i) while my Blu-Ray player and Xbox 360 use two of the three available HDMI connections (with the optimized setup routines of both of those HDMI-connected devices, the BD player is outputting 1080p and then downconverted to 768p in the set while the Xbox 360 outputs 720p upconverted to 768p in the set). This now leaves me with one HDMI jack, one composite video jack, one S-Video jack and one set of stereo audio input jacks available.

Eagle_Driver,

I recently purchased a similar Samsung TV (LN32A550). My set makes faint crackling noises, not from the speakers, but from the back of the unit. As if the plastic is settling from heat expansion or something. I have heard that this is normal, but my set crackles every time I turn it on and turn it off. No matter if it's been turned on for just a few minutes or several hours.

Does your set do this?

It operates fine, but I'm just concerned about it in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back