Jul 13, 2004 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

zeplin

1000+ Head-Fier
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

i know, i know, this has been covered before! but i have searched for other threads in which the process was described, but i can't seem to find them. i've gotten the pictures from the dig cam, to the cpu and am using microsoft picture it! btw, this is my first time posting a picture taken from a dig cam, on a forum board. so you can understand where i'm coing from. anyways, when i go to post a pic, head-fi won't let me browse through my cpu in order to look for the file. to go back even further, do i need to save my picture as a file before i do all of this? do i just go to...save file as, and then put it in a new folder? what is the easiest way to do this? i'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but i just can't figure it out...after trying for a couple of hours. on top of that, i'm just not that computer literate when it comes to trying to do something for the first time. i always have to be guided first! thanx guys and gals for the help. i've been wanting to post a pic of my rig up on head-fi for ages, but never knew really how to do it. and i wan't to show you all what my setup looks like. anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:27 AM Post #2 of 9
hey dude

once you have your pic as a jpeg on your PC, go to a site that will host files, such as http://imageshack.us/

you can upload to the site, then copy the URL of the pic once it is up, and then use the little image button in the Headfi compose message window, and paste the URL into the little text box.

i hope that made sense.

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:40 AM Post #3 of 9
^^^
thanx man, i appreciate your help! that helps, and i understand how it would work now. but, the site is down. do you happen to have any other sites i could use? and, by posting the url of the pic using the image button, would the picture show on my post, or would people have to click on the link, and go to other site in order to see it? thanx again man.
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 9
i think there is a place called photobucket. I'm not sure where else.

BTW, the image shack URL is actually http://imageshack.us/
sorry about the mistake.

also, when you just post the URL of the pic into your reply, it gives the link only. when you use the image button, it will show the pic
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:51 AM Post #5 of 9
Hi Zeplin!! If they're not tooooo many
wink.gif
you can just email them to me and I'll host them for you in the galleries
I'll PM you my email address.

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:52 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Hi Zeplin!! If they're not tooooo many
wink.gif
you can just email them to me and I'll host them for you in the galleries
I'll PM you my email address.

now THAT is head-fi hospitality
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:55 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanahachi
now THAT is head-fi hospitality
biggrin.gif

Nah! Just caught me offguard in a weak moment....LOL!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 7:08 AM Post #8 of 9
thanx ipod, i'll see what i can do. i just hope i can find them within my cpu
biggrin.gif
i should be able to. if you don't get them tonight, then i'll do it first thing tomorrow...i'm gonna call in the hounds and piss on the fire as i'm hittin' the sack for tonight. or is it piss on the fire, and then call in the hounds??
biggrin.gif

anyways, thanx A LOT ipod for being such a great head-fier and a nice person.
smily_headphones1.gif
it is tremendously appreciated!

Jul 13, 2004 at 7:50 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeplin
thanx ipod, i'll see what i can do. i just hope i can find them within my cpu
biggrin.gif
i should be able to. if you don't get them tonight, then i'll do it first thing tomorrow...i'm gonna call in the hounds and piss on the fire as i'm hittin' the sack for tonight. or is it piss on the fire, and then call in the hounds??
biggrin.gif

anyways, thanx A LOT ipod for being such a great head-fier and a nice person.
smily_headphones1.gif
it is tremendously appreciated!

Thanks Zeplin, glad to help!!
smily_headphones1.gif
BTW, for all you folks who don't have a decent image editing program on your computers, yet, download Irfanview. It's free and is basically a simple version of Photoshop.

Well, I've got meetings to attend so I'll catch ya all later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back