Help with portable headphone recommendations!
Dec 18, 2013 at 5:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MrRockliffe

Head-Fier
I'm looking for portable headphones, something that performs well (close to my Custom One Pros) for around 100GBP. However, comfort and portability are more important. I've had a pair of Bose OE before and they were comfort wise and portability wise brilliant. I can get a pair of AE2 for around 100 GBP. They come with a case and they're beautifully comfortable. However I was wondering if there was anything else worth considering? 

I've been looking at the HFI 580 - lead is too long and no case. 

Any decent AKGs for the price? 
For bassy music. Here's my music library: 

prntscr.com/29yl4i
prntscr.com/29ym52 

However, to give you an idea of the sound I like, my favourite sounding headphones at the moment are the Sennheiser Momentum Around Ear. 

Will be powered by a mobile device (Phone)

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 8
Hi,

You should read about Beyerdynamic DTX501p.

Best Luck!

Dec 19, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 8
I'm not really a fan of on ear headphones unless they're memory foam and create a good seal on my ear. The Bose OE (the original ones) were really good, and the momentum on ear are also good, but I've tried others that are useless.

I'd prefer over ear.

Dec 19, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #5 of 8
  I'm looking for portable headphones, something that performs well (close to my Custom One Pros) for around 100GBP. However, comfort and portability are more important. I've had a pair of Bose OE before and they were comfort wise and portability wise brilliant. I can get a pair of AE2 for around 100 GBP. They come with a case and they're beautifully comfortable. However I was wondering if there was anything else worth considering? 

Any decent AKGs for the price? 
For bassy music. Here's my music library: 

prntscr.com/29yl4i
prntscr.com/29ym52 

However, to give you an idea of the sound I like, my favourite sounding headphones at the moment are the Sennheiser Momentum Around Ear. 

Will be powered by a mobile device (Phone)

If 100 GBP = about $200 USD, the AKG K545 is worth considering (on sale at razerdogaudio for $200 - tho I am not sure if you can get that deal in england). Compares favorably against the Sennheiser Momentums Overear: http://www.head-fi.org/t/670709/akg-new-headphone-k545/600#post_10079188

Dec 20, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 8
  North of 200 quid here - far too much for me. 

I have no idea what a quid is, but you asked for akg, so i threw you an on sale akg =P

ps: people on the akg k545 thread are saying it outperforms the momentum & it's 100quiddies cheaper :wink: something to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back