Help with parts for mini cmoy amp.
Aug 10, 2010 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

JennaFF

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I'm going to try and build the mini cmoy amp, but some of the parts are no longer available. Where would I be able to find all of the parts in one place, and preferably be able to pay with paypal.

http://tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/

Aug 10, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #6 of 17
Some of the part numbers on tanget's site are outdated. It's better to search by value. For example when you're searching for resistor R1 which is 4.7 kΩ 1/4 W metal film resistor, type "0.25 watt metal film 4.7kohm" in the search. And then look for that in the given results. And when it lets you choose between through hole mounting and SMD then through hole is what you want.

Aug 10, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #9 of 17
I've used many of those Mouser parts without issue.

I would not hesitate to build from the Mouser list that Tangent has listed.

And if you are worried about the resistors, there is the table that lists the RN55's that are of perceived higher quality.

Aug 11, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #11 of 17
That's what I always have to do (using parent's paypal). Then we forget the paypal's account informations, and we have to use another credit card. Two cards trashed up to now...

Aug 11, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #12 of 17
If you are interested, I have CMoy kits with PCB:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/227416/cmoy-amp-pcb/135
and I accept Paypal :)

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #14 of 17
When I built mine I thought about going with a kit, but buying the items separately and knowing exactly what you're getting is kinda fun.  Not to say anything negative about buying a kit, I just think it's better to get the parts individually and more satisfying when you're done.

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
When I built mine I thought about going with a kit, but buying the items separately and knowing exactly what you're getting is kinda fun.  Not to say anything negative about buying a kit, I just think it's better to get the parts individually and more satisfying when you're done.

Last time I tried that it only kinda worked and I spent ALL my money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back