Help with my next upgrade total cost 400$
Jul 12, 2011 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

heynice

Head-Fier
Currently I own SRH440, PFE 122, and ibasso d10. I mainly listen to my PFE (mainly is an understatement, i wear the thing to sleep, and basically when ever I'm on my pc, I really enjoy it). I want my next upgrade to be a full sized comfortable headphone, open or closed (which ever sounds better). I want something that would be an improvement on what sound I can currently get with my srh440 and pfe...and I am willing to buy an amp as long as total cost is ~400$ CAD. I need suggestions/opinions from people who own/owned/listened the audio gear they mention, thanks!

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Do you have a Desktop amp?

And what music do you listen to?

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Currently I own SRH440, PFE 122, and ibasso d10. I mainly listen to my PFE (mainly is an understatement, i wear the thing to sleep, and basically when ever I'm on my pc, I really enjoy it). I want my next upgrade to be a full sized comfortable headphone, open or closed (which ever sounds better). I want something that would be an improvement on what sound I can currently get with my srh440 and pfe...and I am willing to buy an amp as long as total cost is ~400$ CAD. I need suggestions/opinions from people who own/owned/listened the audio gear they mention, thanks!

Heya,

Where do you live in Canada? For $400, I know how electronics cost up there. If you're close to the border, you could meet a new friend and get way more for your buck perhaps. Just a thought.

Any preferences on style of headphone? Will these be for portability? Only at home listening? What kind of sound do you prefer (neutral, bright/forward, bassy)? Give more info on what you're looking for.

Very best,

Jul 14, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Do you have a Desktop amp?

And what music do you listen to?

no desktop amp, I use my d10 all the time, id be willing to buy an amp as long as its not over 400-450$, music would be everything, heavy digital/trance/chillout music though, and I'm not a bass head i have some sony MDR XB500 and thought they sounded horribly clouded, i need clarity/

Quote:
Heya,

Where do you live in Canada? For $400, I know how electronics cost up there. If you're close to the border, you could meet a new friend and get way more for your buck perhaps. Just a thought.

Any preferences on style of headphone? Will these be for portability? Only at home listening? What kind of sound do you prefer (neutral, bright/forward, bassy)? Give more info on what you're looking for.

Very best,

hey, I live in the dead center of Canada (Saskatchewan Saskatoon), I cant actually find decent gear here, if i do it would be crazy $$$, so i have to order everything online. style of headphone, no preference Other than must be full size (open or closed), and decent comfort (at least able to wear for 2-3 hours straight). And yeah, only for home listening

Users who are viewing this thread

Back