Help with my next upgrade total cost 400$
post-7604541
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 4

heynice

Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
94
Reaction score
11
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Posts
94
Likes
11
Currently I own SRH440, PFE 122, and ibasso d10. I mainly listen to my PFE (mainly is an understatement, i wear the thing to sleep, and basically when ever I'm on my pc, I really enjoy it). I want my next upgrade to be a full sized comfortable headphone, open or closed (which ever sounds better). I want something that would be an improvement on what sound I can currently get with my srh440 and pfe...and I am willing to buy an amp as long as total cost is ~400$ CAD. I need suggestions/opinions from people who own/owned/listened the audio gear they mention, thanks!
 
     Share This Post       
post-7604547
Post #2 of 4

BotByte

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 14, 2010
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
52
Joined
Dec 14, 2010
Posts
2,256
Likes
52
Do you have a Desktop amp?
 
And what music do you listen to?
 
     Share This Post       
post-7604597
Post #3 of 4

MalVeauX

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
7,000
Reaction score
714
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Posts
7,000
Likes
714


Quote:
Currently I own SRH440, PFE 122, and ibasso d10. I mainly listen to my PFE (mainly is an understatement, i wear the thing to sleep, and basically when ever I'm on my pc, I really enjoy it). I want my next upgrade to be a full sized comfortable headphone, open or closed (which ever sounds better). I want something that would be an improvement on what sound I can currently get with my srh440 and pfe...and I am willing to buy an amp as long as total cost is ~400$ CAD. I need suggestions/opinions from people who own/owned/listened the audio gear they mention, thanks!

Heya,

Where do you live in Canada? For $400, I know how electronics cost up there. If you're close to the border, you could meet a new friend and get way more for your buck perhaps. Just a thought.
 
Any preferences on style of headphone? Will these be for portability? Only at home listening? What kind of sound do you prefer (neutral, bright/forward, bassy)? Give more info on what you're looking for.
 
Very best,
 
     Share This Post       
post-7607448
Post #4 of 4

heynice

Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
94
Reaction score
11
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Posts
94
Likes
11


Quote:
Do you have a Desktop amp?
 
And what music do you listen to?

 
no desktop amp, I use my d10 all the time, id be willing to buy an amp as long as its not over 400-450$, music would be everything, heavy digital/trance/chillout music though, and I'm not a bass head i have some sony MDR XB500 and thought they sounded horribly clouded, i need clarity/

 
Quote:
Heya,

Where do you live in Canada? For $400, I know how electronics cost up there. If you're close to the border, you could meet a new friend and get way more for your buck perhaps. Just a thought.
 
Any preferences on style of headphone? Will these be for portability? Only at home listening? What kind of sound do you prefer (neutral, bright/forward, bassy)? Give more info on what you're looking for.
 
Very best,

hey, I live in the dead center of Canada (Saskatchewan Saskatoon), I cant actually find decent gear here, if i do it would be crazy $$$, so i have to order everything online. style of headphone, no preference Other than must be full size (open or closed), and decent comfort (at least able to wear for 2-3 hours straight). And yeah, only for home listening
 
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top