Help with my IEM Choice Dilemma!
Aug 6, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #76 of 81
since you listened more to classical and orchestral, i would prefer you go for a UE stuff. Because UE have a very good bass respond, and also it go well with classical music.
I tried the UE 10 pro with "jupiter, the briger of joy, the sound was wow and the soundstage is wider as well.

Aug 6, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #77 of 81
I just listened to some trailer music (movie trailer music, mostly powerful, epic orchestral pieces), and I rekindled my love for it (after neglecting it for more mainstream stuff)...seems like I need some phones that can do full orchestra well. Are the SE530s good for that? I did hear that TF10 are more neutral and analytical...

Basically, PostHaste Music(there are demos on site, skip around, but first 10 tracks for action/adventure/epic are good) is an example of what I listen to a lot (along with movie soundtracks, which is similar). This genre is mainly orchestral, but more dramatic than classical, more emotion in the music...sometimes choir in conjunction

Also, my other questions (about mic adapter and pop music)....please answer, thanks!

Aug 7, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #80 of 81
Also, the TF10 has comfort issues?? I have pretty sensitive ears (don't like uncomfortable stuff jammed too deep in them)...that might be a put off...also heard that they were twice as large as the Shures???

Also, can I buy the Shure iPhone mic adapter thingy from Shure directly, or do they have to come with the se530?

Down the road, I'm probably going to give these to my cousin (maybe in a year or two), he listens to a lot of electronic/pop/premixed music, are the SE530 good for that?

Aug 7, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #81 of 81
Okay, so I got it clear that the Shure MPA is something completely different...(it can listen and answer calls)...but the stock mic cable on the se530, it can only listen to calls? (then what's the mic for??)

Also, does anyone know when the se530 started having the mic-cord? Just to make sure (since I'm buying used)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back