Help with my Icemat Siberia Headset
Jun 3, 2007 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

imagery

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm having a little difficulty with my Icemat Siberia Headset:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?Sku=S105-1014

When i just plug both of the jacks into my sound card they dont work, no sound or mic recognition. I even tried them on another computer but no recognition either. but when i plug them into the soundcard provided from icemat and then into the usb slot...my sound and mic work... but everytime i talk to someone else...people always complain on ventrilo that i have a constant drumming beat...i turned off the fan to see if that was the problem but it wasnt...something is wrong but i have no idea what...any help?

Jun 3, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #2 of 11
well we have a fix for this, buy better headphones.
sorry to come off rude, but this is a high fidelity forum. im sure almost no one here has any respect for icemat siberia cans, and most of the gamers we do have around here, are playing with headphones liek sennheiser HD515's and up.

what i can recommend , is getting into contact with icemat customer service. since it is their productt hey should be able to help you out, or set you up with an RMA number for a replacement.

gave it a seconds thought, if need be, there are also alot of posts about DIY repairs. try taking a little look around (this forum has a search feature).

Jun 3, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #4 of 11
ooh.. i have a pair of those too... all i can say is that they're comfy
biggrin.gif
and yah... you should try icemats customer support.

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 11
yep... sounds like a QC problem. if icemat can't fix it, get some better headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #9 of 11
That was my first pair of headphones (the Siberias).....seriously, I know some of the people come off as elitist, but their a HUNDRED percent right....I chuckle to myself when I compare my senns to my old icemats....My GF could even tell the difference....

Jun 3, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #10 of 11
they ALMOST ended up being my first pair too... luckily i found Head-Fi before i went off and made the purchase.. *phew*
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #11 of 11
the guys are Soft Trading ApS (owners of icemat and steel series) are very very helpful they'll take it back no worries - just explain what you're experiencing

to tell you the truth guys I don't mind the siberias, they can be had very cheaply (here anyway) and for their intended market deliver the goods. in fact i think they exceed sr-60s for their price point (grados relatively quite expensive in aus)

but also the detachable cables and cable management system as well as in-line volume control and lapel microphone make them good for the gamer who would benefit very much from such features

i did a review of the siberia, steel 5H, everglide s-500 and razer HP-1 a few months ago and to be honest if you're after ultimate sound quality then you'll be dissapointed, but when the gamers are listening to highly compressed mp3 sound samples being played through onboard sound or at best an x-fi/usb sound card they're actually not all that bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back