Help with moving music from computer to Fiio M6 DAP
Sep 25, 2020 at 12:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sherman

New Head-Fier
Hi -

I recently purchased a Fiio M6 to replace my Fiio X3 Mk1. I keep my music on a Windows 10 computer using (currently) both MusicBee and Windows Music Player. I bought the M6 in part because the music on the X3 is a bit of a jumble with a lot of album titles not showing up and almost no album art showing up. I thought this was the fault of the X3, but now I'm thinking it's not.

Anyway, I've searched a bunch of information on uploading music and spent several hours last night trying to load music. First MusicBee was giving me error message when I tried to load directly to the micro SD placed in my computer -- it couldn't seem to find the card. Then I tried to load music directly to the player (after realizing I needed to install the Samsung software on the M6) and MusicBee tried to load all of the music into the built in storage and of course failed because it's too small. I haven't been able to point MusicBee to the 64GB SanDisk SD card. So then I tried to load the music using Windows Music Player which was better (it allowed me to choose the SD card as a location), but it again loaded music with no cover art although it's there on my computer.

Any help here in finding either very clear step by step instructions using MusicBee to load music to my M6 or suggestions of a better music storage system that will allow easier transfer of music?

Side note for anyone interested - I did test the M6 with bluetooth to my home stereo with BluDento HD and it worked great. Will do more listening comparisons once i get more music loaded.

Sep 26, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 3
I tried again connecting the M6 to my computer and used MusicBee it seemed to work this time although I hadn't changed setting. It took hours and then gave me the "sync failed" message. Then I went back to drop and drag to the SD card inserted in my computer and that worked pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back