help with loose sennheiser cable connections (HD25)
Jan 31, 2011 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

el_matt0

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, been awhile since I've been on the forums but I've got a custom sennheiser cable which I built awhile back that I'm experiencing a loose connection issue with. The connectors I used/purchased appear to be ever so marginally too thin to achieve a snug/secure fit into the HD-25 earcups (with split cable and the cups reversed, cables w/ downward exit).

I've tried a few rudimentary solutions like thickening up the cable side of the connector with 1 strip of scotch or electricians tape but neither worked very functionally. id like to avoid simply just gluing the thing in there, as the removable aspect is nice. Any suggestions on things to try? Has anyone else run into similar issues?

Feb 8, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 5
The plugs on the HD25 connectors are slightly different sizes. If you plug the connectors in backwards a couple times, it can cause the smaller socket to become loose. Do you think this may of happened with yours?

Oct 26, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 5
I love the Sennheiser HD25, but nearly from the start, it suffered from loose connection issues.
The solution for me was to drop the original cable with the 3,5 mm headphone jack, and applying the standard replacement cable with the 6,3 mm headphone jack. I guess the HD25 special pin plugs on that cable, does a better fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back