Help with Hi-Fi sound for Twitch Stream
Nov 22, 2013 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

entfy

New Head-Fier
I've run into two different problems, but I believe I can fix them. I understand many won't agree with this, but for Gaming reasons I use the SteelSeries SiberiaElites. They have decent at best audio and an above average condenser mic on a retractable boom making these a very appealing headset for a streamer. My biggest concern however isn't my sound, but that of my streams. I'm struggling within the confinement of my current setup, but I have no interior expansion room. I also use a Sennheiser HMD 280Pro (The HD-280 headset with broadcast mic attached) as well and need to easily be able to switch between the two. 

I do also have a behringer xeynx x2442usb but am planning on getting rid of this piece of equipment. The setup was originally meant to be mobile, but I have just built a mobile streaming rack and everything is contained within my two traveling racks now so I will no longer be needing this piece to control my audio routing between the two computers. 

I believe that by using a DAC with digital inputs/toslink, I will connect my computers together through one DAC and capture the digital out from the DAC as my stream audio or however I'm not sure if this would work. 

Overall though I'm honestly flumexed trying to figure this out as I'm trying to solve a ground loop that has been plaguing me without needing to completely reevaluate my audio setup. 

PS: I'd like to not need to get rid of my HMD280 and I would like to continue using my SiberiaElites. If not please post a setup that you think could work. I require Mic Headset and the ability to hear the audio from both computers simultaneously while being able to input that same feed back into my stream.

Thanks,
EnTfy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back