Help with Creative Zen Vision M
Feb 4, 2010 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Salent

Head-Fier
So ive been a member here for about a week now and it has really opened my eyes to the portable audio world. I have a 30gb zen vision m had it for about 3 years now and havent really thought about sound quality until now. I have noticed that it is definatley lacking. I dont really want to get a new player, so can you guys suggest amps or any other mods that may help me.

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #4 of 12
I remember a member here was selling one but that was a while back. Definitely use the line-out if you find the headphone jack lacking. I think any amp would suit it, can't comment much cause I didn't use any amp when I had mine.

ETA: if you find yourself wanting to do a little DIY here's a thread I found on how to make a line-out.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/tut...ctures-245517/

Feb 4, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #5 of 12
Since I was at the same boat as the OP about a year ago, and I do not have ninja soldering skills, I was able to build a semi-home made LOD for my ZVM. Granted, it may not have the "best" quality cables etc., it seems to do the job for a lot less. I am not sure it make sense to spend more $$ on an LOD for a somewhat older piece of tech when you can buy a Clip+ for less.

Here is my original thread about the LOD - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/sem...ap-too-290971/

Feb 4, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So ive been a member here for about a week now and it has really opened my eyes to the portable audio world. I have a 30gb zen vision m had it for about 3 years now and havent really thought about sound quality until now. I have noticed that it is definatley lacking. I dont really want to get a new player, so can you guys suggest amps or any other mods that may help me.

Why do you say lacking? The ZVM has always been renowned for its SQ and infact I still think (though being an older player) its sq is still better than alot of others out there or on parr, also I find it to be a powerful player infact one of the most powerful in its class and I find it drives bigger end headphones without any hassles what so ever.

BTW what headphones are u using ?

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Albinoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do you say lacking? The ZVM has always been renowned for its SQ and infact I still think (though being an older player) its sq is still better than alot of others out there or on parr, also I find it to be a powerful player infact one of the most powerful in its class and I find it drives bigger end headphones without any hassles what so ever.

BTW what headphones are u using ?

Im using jvc HA-RX700 for home use and when i take it with me i use the philips surround sound in ear. I had a pair of altec lansings but cant seem to find them.

Feb 9, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by smachine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its not the player that is lacking. You may be better off trying to upgrade the headphones. The ZVM has great sq, and used to power my TF10s and old Shure SCL4s just fine.

I just bought jvc HA-RX700 and Altec Lansing IEM Musix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back