HELP with cmoy board design
May 3, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by DragooNArT2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got one last question.Is it possible to connect the 6th and seventh leg of the IC socket togeter instead of using a jumper(R5) to jump over the BAT+ path

No. Pin 6 connects to pin 7 thru a resistor (R4), not a short. If R5 is used, then it is connected thru R4->R5.

May 7, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #17 of 22
Hi,again my 2nd try has somehow failed.. i did everything in the same way but there's massive distortion/clipping(not sure which but noticed that bass notes create more of it than mid frequencies) I've tried almost everything changed he diode,chaged power cap,changed decoupling caps(tried removing also) reflowed the paths .. the opamps i tried using were NE5532 and OPA2134 and i know for sure that the OPA2134 worked in the previous try(the one where i forgot to mirror the Socket paths).Please give some advice i don't know how to fix that and i'm sure that the opamp's are working cuz i'm just listening them trough my x-plosion

Here are pics of what i've done
pict0187j.jpg

pict0191bin.jpg

pict0192r.jpg

May 7, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #19 of 22
i've already checked and all resistors,caps n stuff are solidly soldered to the board i've already resoldered them a couple of times,but no luck.I've also tried a few different opamps and some barley work(at max volume there is barely any sound coming from them and it's very distorted)

May 9, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by DragooNArT2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've already checked and all resistors,caps n stuff are solidly soldered to the board i've already resoldered them a couple of times,but no luck.I've also tried a few different opamps and some barley work(at max volume there is barely any sound coming from them and it's very distorted)

Umm, check again. Take a look at tangent's diagram/layout and the schematic, and then look at R4 and R5, and where you have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back