help with choosing portables on or over ear under $350-ish
Dec 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ricemodeon

New Head-Fier
hi, im a newb oh headphones, the best i have currently is monster turbine iem and it got tiring really fast. hate how the bass feels overwhelms all the others
im currently in the market for a replacement, on ear / over ear is preffered, and im going to use it 99% on mobile gadgets like ipad, note2 and iphone 4.
my criteria is as follow:

1) i dont understand much about tonal balance and all, all i want is just a headphone that sounds nice and not overwhelming
2) it can be driven without an amp ( better with an amp is okay, as long as the amp is not a must)
3) clarity, good bass but not overwhelming
4) budget is $350 ish, don't care much about sound isolation, i'm indifferent between open cans or closed cans

currently im leaning toward

1) ath-M50
2) phillips fidelio L1
3) sennheiser momentum
4) vmoda M80

im living in indonesia so trying these thing is out of the question. im going to buy blind here, no tries no return.
a friend is going to buy the cans from the US
thanks alot

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #5 of 6
The M80, M50, L1 offers strong punchy bass and you may like these cans more (Denon D600, Bose QC 15, Harmen Kardon BT, Sony MA900 and UE9000) because overall balanced sound without strong bass.

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 6
think someone commented that u cant change the earpads on the L1..
blink.gif

and momentum has kinda smallish earcups, it didnt fit mine...so it can be a dealbreaker if u must have an over-ear.

=============

how about the Bowers P5 
http://www.amazon.com/Bowers-Wilkins-Mobile-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B003IHUHGE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357100772&sr=1-1&keywords=p5+bowers+and+wilkins

This looks n sounds great with all your latest mobile gadgets.. dun need an amp :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back