Help with Amp choice?
Aug 1, 2005 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Catch

New Head-Fier
I am new to portable amps and wanted to pick your brains if I may...

Basically, I am leaning towards buying the SuperMicro-3 to use as my amp. I will use the line out on my iPod through the dock or similar as a source. The heaphones are E5c's. BlueSky Mini to connect the amp and line out...

Would there be any specific opamp choice to go with in using my combination that would benefit the sound? I have seen the choices and frankly find it hard to understand
plainface.gif

And finally, would my setup benefit a different amp totally?

Thanks,

C

Aug 1, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 6
You'll have to find a supermicro used, as he doesn't currently make them. I can say that I've been extremely happy with the various supermacros I've had. I'm currently a big fan of the NE5534-OB (class A basically) in the SM1 and SM3. Amazing depth with this amp.

Aug 1, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
You'll have to find a supermicro used, as he doesn't currently make them. I can say that I've been extremely happy with the various supermacros I've had. I'm currently a big fan of the NE5534-OB (class A basically) in the SM1 and SM3. Amazing depth with this amp.

Ouch! I was not aware of this... thanks for the heads up...

Back to the drawing board then I guess... sigh...

C

Aug 1, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #4 of 6
You are on your way to portable bliss!
I use the AD797 in the SM3 which I am really liking. I have not tried any others yet but I hear the opa627 forced into class A is tip top!

I am really happy with my portable set up and since you have the E5's, once you get the SM3 I'd imagine you'd be in a pretty blissful state
etysmile.gif

jamat08 - has tried many opamps and may be a have some helpful things to read if you search his posts

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions

Aug 1, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

You'll have to find a supermicro used, as he doesn't currently make them.

Huh???? did I miss something?? I know he is relocating but I was not aware of this. It still looks like you can place orders at Fixup.
confused.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Huh???? did I miss something?? I know he is relocating but I was not aware of this. It still looks like you can place orders at Fixup.
confused.gif

Yes it is still listed and I can go through the whole order process... somewhat confused now... I posted on his forum to see if he can clarify this for me/us.

C

EDIT: Ok... I think this was due to me misspelling SuperMacro... he is quoting 1-5 days delivery again now for the SuperMAcro not Micro...

Sorry for the confusion...

C

Users who are viewing this thread

Back