Help with a portable amp for some ath-m50's
Mar 29, 2013 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

esar1995

New Head-Fier
Hi guys I'm new to this kinda thing and I could use some help. As a new comer I decided to start with the ath- m50's. I've been using them for awhile and before trying some new cans I wanted to test the waters of using amps. Now the two items I am looking at are the fiio 11 and digizoid 2.3. I know the digizoid isn't a true amp but I have heard that it should be more than enough for my m50's. I am interested to see what you guy's think would be best for my situation. Any feedback would be well appreciated.

Mar 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 10
From what I've read, C&C BH is supposed to be a good match for the M50. Please note, this is NOT from personal experience. There's a thread on the BH, which you might want to read up on.

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #3 of 10
there have been a few user reports also that amping the M50 doesn't make all that much of a difference, something to search for. Should be a few posts like that in the BH thread if i recall correctly, though i may be mistaken.

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 10
there have been a few user reports also that amping the M50 doesn't make all that much of a difference, something to search for. Should be a few posts like that in the BH thread if i recall correctly, though i may be mistaken.

Really?

I may have missed that. From all that I've read, they do tend to gain. "Bass gets tighter" and "opens up the cans" are a couple of descriptions I remember reading with regard to amping the M50.

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #9 of 10
I've been using the alo rx mk2 with them and they did improve the bass and they feel more "open" i guess you can say.  Might have went overkill for m50's but bought it for later upgrades.  I have heard the c&c works good for the m50's (not personal experience just through a thread) and as may point out the use of a fiio  e11 or e17 do just fine (again through posts, no personal experience)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back