Help! Which one gives the best bang for the buck?
Feb 9, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #16 of 19
poor student contemplating $300 headphones, hm hm. if i was poor i'd go for the 225s. but the ad700 suggestion wasnt bad either.

in my third year, i was fortunate enough to get hired by my supervisor as a research assistant and by the dept. as a tutor. now, there's the phd stipend. good ol stipend.

Feb 9, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #17 of 19
hi guys, please don't go too far off topic. To people who commented about poor student and $300 headphone, I am not sure about your intention, but I think it is not very constructive to the topic. You guys don't know anything about me, so please don't assume anything, The reason I open this topic is because I don't have a lot of money to spend on the headphones, and I want the best one for my money. Then I will be set for a long time. I have to cut back on other expenses just to get a pair of good can. So, no hate please.
BTW, I am a grad student, so my loan is more generous than undergrad financial aid.

Feb 9, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SR-225, if you're going to listen to rock and similar genres without an external amp. If you're willing to buy an amp, then the HD-600 is one of the best you can buy, regardless of price.

The K-701 is OK. It's popularity is mostly because it's the least expensive "flagship" headphone from one of the big manufacturers. It's difficult (and expensive) to amp correctly, and even then it's not quite as good as good as the other three.

DITTO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back