Help! Which is the best option?
Jun 6, 2009 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

akg702

Head-Fier
Which is the best option?

Keep the AKG 702, get Sen650 and get WA6 GE.

Sell 702, get Sen650 and get WA22.

Here are some information....

I always want a Sen 600 and 650..... and end up buying the AKG 702, cheaper.... I still haven't got my amp yet.

I tried my AKG 702 and Jack's AKG 702 with the Sen 650 at cam jam on the woo amp 6se. the sen 650 sounded way better than my AKG 702s. I'm very disappointed but saw a K701 on the other side of the table. I decided to try it out as I heard the AKG 701 and 702 sound the same ..... to my surprise the AKG 701 is way better than both the AKG 702!

When I tested that AKG 701 and the Sen on the Woo 6se ..... I love the AKG 701 more than the Sen650 ... the sound stage of the 701 is just way better and everything else,.... the sen 650 bass is fun to listen to.

I asked Jack how old is that AKG 701, he told me, very old and his 702 has less than 30hrs burn in.... and mine AKG 702 is just about 40hrs. But I'm not too sure how old is the sen 650.

Now I'm waiting for my AKG 702 to burn in 500 hrs but the Sen 650 is on my next head phone list...?

The AKG 702 head band is hurting my head and hope after 500 hrs and long usage... the AKG 702 will feels and sounds like that amazing older AKG 701 at cam jam. Now I understand why there are so much hate and love on this AKG 701/702.

The AKG 702 have put me in a difficult situation on picking an amp too. The Woo WA 6se has more power for the AKG needs but the Woo WA22 sound stage and bass is amazing with the Sen 650.

Thanks

Jun 6, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #2 of 3
500 hours is an insane amount of time to "burn in", if you don't like them within 2 days, you likely won't like them - this goes for any headphone.

I like the HD600 and HD650 but I almost always reach for Grados, they're more "fun". Choose the headphone you enjoy listening to, period!

As for amps, I always recommend getting something used off the forums, you get a nice selections of amps to try at reasonable prices with almost identical resale value as the price you bought them for.

Of course, once you find the amp you love, by all means check out buying a brand new one and support our wonderful amp designers.

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the advices

The main problem of my AKG 702 is the leather head band bumps is hurting my head. I really like the older AKG 701 at cam jam sound and I didn't feel the leather head band bumps... hope the 702 will be the same after a few weeks of usage.

As for amp I must admit the biggest reason I am looking at the woo amp is more because of the design looks. I don't mind paying for new prices.

I'm not in a rush and I have enough patient for a few more weeks of burn in and pressing on those leather bumps .... to soften them a bit. If that doesn't work I will get the Sen 650 and maybe selling the K702.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
500 hours is an insane amount of time to "burn in", if you don't like them within 2 days, you likely won't like them - this goes for any headphone.

I like the HD600 and HD650 but I almost always reach for Grados, they're more "fun". Choose the headphone you enjoy listening to, period!

As for amps, I always recommend getting something used off the forums, you get a nice selections of amps to try at reasonable prices with almost identical resale value as the price you bought them for.

Of course, once you find the amp you love, by all means check out buying a brand new one and support our wonderful amp designers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back