HELP: Using ASIO4ALL (v2.10) for FiiO E10 USB DAC
Oct 3, 2012 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

chococya96

100+ Head-Fier
This thread is related to http://www.head-fi.org/t/629212/help-occasional-popping-sound-from-fiio-e10/15.

For those who didn't read the thread above, basically I recently bought a new FiiO E10 for my AKG-K701. However, I can hear popping noise when I change between the tracks, pausing track/video, doing some "actions" etc. Now some say that this is normal for E10 though I would like to at least try fixing this "problem" before giving up.

Anyway, I was told by the seller to install ASIO4ALL as it might fix the problem. So after doing some research about it, I still have NO IDEA how ASIO4ALL works. Moreover, reading the threads about it just confuses me more.

As a result, I would like a help in setting up this ASIO4ALL to fix this popping sound.

Furthermore, I'll try to include information you need just in case:
- I currently have ASIO4ALL v.2.10 and Foobar2000 v1.1.15 installed on my desktop. From what heard, I can use these programs for setting up. However, I have no idea which components I need to install for Foobar to work with ASIO4ALL
- Currently using Windows 7 64bit and have Realtek High Def Audio installed as my soundcard (or NVIDIA High Definition Audio, though it says I'm using Realtek if I connect my headphone straight to phone jack)
- Realtek and USB audio drivers are up to date

If there is any other info you need to know, please tell me.

Thank you.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #4 of 6
Well, if I remember correctly. After you had installed asio4all, you could see a little icon at right bottom of the screen. You opened Foobar then go to Option -> Playback -> Choose Asio then expand it, you can see Asio driver if you installed asio4all successfully. Add new at Custom Channel Mapping. Go back to Playback and choose Asiso. Apply then ok. I uninstalled Asio driver for a long time ago so I can not remember clearly. Hope it can help you. 

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Well, if I remember correctly. After you had installed asio4all, you could see a little icon at right bottom of the screen. You opened Foobar then go to Option -> Playback -> Choose Asio then expand it, you can see Asio driver if you installed asio4all successfully. Add new at Custom Channel Mapping. Go back to Playback and choose Asiso. Apply then ok. I uninstalled Asio driver for a long time ago so I can not remember clearly. Hope it can help you. 

Thanks for the reply.

When I first installed the ASIO4ALL, I didn't get any pop up or tray icon at the bottom right.

Is there a way to fix this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back